OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Rhino and Old Hevi 13s

Started by Nimrodmar10, March 01, 2011, 12:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimrodmar10

I picked up a new Rhino .660" choke tube at the NWTF Convention for my Remington 11-87 3" Turkey Gun. I'm about to get tired of the 3 1/2s beating me to death. I got a chance and some good weather to take it to the range Sunday to see how it would shoot. I got in a hurry leaving the house and left the two new boxes of Hevi 13 Mag Blends that I also picked up. I also haven't yet received the 3" Nitros I have on order. I picked up several different shells and two 3 1/2" guns that also needed to be sighted in. I'd had the scopes off because they double as waterfowl guns during the winter.

I sighted the guns in with 2 3/4" low brass 6s at 25 yards them moved back to 40 yards to shoot some patterns. The only turkey loads I had with me were some of the old Hevi 13s in the white hulls. They were 1 3/4 oz of #6 shot. I was very impressed with the pattern, especially the center. I think I can get by without the super magnums. I am still curious to see how the Mag Blends and Nitros shoot through this gun though.

[attachment deleted by admin]

shootumindaface

Best shell ever made and ya got her choked about right

Nimrodmar10

Luckily I've still got a 10 pack of 6s and a 10 pack of 5s.

Gobble!

Those shells would be monsters in #7s

knightrider

Quote from: Nimrodmar10 on March 01, 2011, 01:12:56 PM
lucky i would say, if you need rid of them just let me know :z-guntootsmiley:

shootumindaface

Quote from: Nimrodmar10 on March 01, 2011, 01:12:56 PM
I havent checked lately but we have 10 to 15 boxes or so..

ILIKEHEVI-13

You don't need nothing else.  That pattern will easily work out to 50yds and maybe then some. 

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase