OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossy 835 "Old School"

Started by Punisher, June 19, 2012, 10:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

I think I may have gotten mine in 93 maybe 92. Great gun! Patterns awesome and I slayed some turkeys with it  ;D
Does she look like this?

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Punisher

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Fatbeard

I have both and other than a difference in recoil with the newer 835 they both shoot the same!
East TN Beard Buster

Buxndiverdux

I have an older one from the late 90's and it shoots good.

BigGobbler

Buy it and enjoy you can not go wrong. I bought mine when they rolled out the 3 1/2" guns and you had to be on a special order waiting list to get one. My son uses it now and it shots just as good as the new ones do with a little more mule kick though.

decoykrvr

Back in the 80's with the "new" steel shot requirements for hunting geese, we decided that our 3" shotguns weren't cutting it and opted to buy the new 835's in Mossy Oak Grn Leaf.  My 10 gauge Ithaca Road Blocker which Jess Briley had tubed for me had been banned from the blind due to the muzzle blast and subsequent hearing loss experienced by my friends.  I hunted ducks and geese w/ the 835 for less than one season.  The gun was a real clunker.  It rattled, the long extraction was problamatic, the balance was horrible and it swung on flying birds like a 4x4.  I obtained one of the new H&K/Benelli Super Black Eagles. which I still own, and never carried the 835 waterfowl hunting again.  I did, however, polish the barrel on the 835, get a Gobbling Thunder choke tube and turn the 835 into a turkey killing machine.  Even w/ homemade rubber bushing for the forearm, the gun still rattled excessively and weighed way too much for a dedicated run-and-gun style turkey hunter.  Although I still own several 10 gauges and 31/2" 12 gauges, I've hunted almost exclusively w/ a light 3", 12 gauge gun for over 20 years.  The 835 is long gone and not missed!

gobblergls

I bought one in the late 80s.  A couple of seasons ago, I changed out all springs.  It's a heavy brute, but throws a good pattern.  15 years ago it became a back-up to my SBE, and I haven't hunted it in 4 seasons since taking it to Texas.  It's a good gun, but I'd rather carry a 20 now.

Okiehntr12

Could someone tell me the camo pattern on the gun pictured on top of this page. I'm getting one in a trade and the only difference is the forearm is squared off instead of rounded like the one pictured. Does anybody know what year the gun may be from.

SKFOOTER

I can't see the photo, but Im gonna guess it is the Original Realtree camo.

Okiehntr12

.   Well once I got the gun it was a little scuffed up as far as the paint job goes. Everything else was in good shape. I decided to take it to a local gun smith in Oklahoma that has started doing custom paint jobs. This is what he came up with and it looks awesome. Thanks to Trey Mills at TnT gunsmith in Coleman,Ok for fixing me up.