Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 06/15/2012 "Walk the talk"

Started by BOFF, June 15, 2012, 12:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

As we approach the "Father's Day" weekend, I was just thinking about for those of us being fathers, what our responsibility is, according to God's word.

Titus 2:6-8 (NIV1984)

6 Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled. 7 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness 8 and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.

In reading, I noticed, "encourage", and  "be a good example". To encourage is to speak positively, and requires one to spend time with those he is to encourage. When is the last time you have encouraged your children, and spent some quality time with them, doing something they wanted to do, rather than your own agenda?

As for being a good example, many have used the term "walk the talk". 

How's your walk today? Is the Jesus with you?

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for already setting an example for us to follow and exhibit to our families, as fathers, husbands, and friends. Help us to be aware of our actions, and to walk in your light. Let our mouths exalt your name, and be an encouragement to those around us.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Great passage David. I can only hope that I have been a decent example for my kids to follow.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Roostem33

Great devotional David, I am fortunate to be able to spend a lot of time with my kids even though the youngest of our four is 31. As far as being a good example, there has been times when I hate to say that I probably wasn't the best. But as we all know we can't change the past, only the future and I try to live my life in the way God would like for me to. Thanks for this great reminder and God bless!!

Happy fathers day to all,
Jody

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer