OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

One of Last years hunts

Started by The Painter, February 08, 2013, 10:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Painter

So I wake up 30 minutes late and the birds are already gobbling right over my Pop up. I can not enter the field or the woods from the big field because there are 7 Tom Strutting just inside the woods off a small field. So I called a few times from the big field and then moved to the edge of the woods and sat down and waited. One of the Tom decided to check out the hen in the big field , oddly enough a hen did come into the big field behind me heading to all the Tom. She passed with 10 yards of me and that Tom who went to meet her passed with in 20. I let out a soft pur and he stopped gobbled and Bang!

I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
::: Andrew Wyeth :::
ColonialRestorationStudio.com

The Painter

Two year ago  Bow season in Va for deer I was on my way to my stand for a late morning hunt and I park the van along the trees and begin to cut through the 6' high grasses that boarder the Horse field to get to the woods on the other side. As I get to the inside edge I see a tom feeding in the field. He's making his way to a lower corner and did see me. So I back out and moved slowly as he moved. We both end up at the corner 30 minutes later , he's 15 yards from me. He looks towards me but the high grasses make great camo. When he stated feeding again I let a arrow fly and he went down quick. I was surprised because usually these bolts will be clear through shots on deer but it only went 6" in the tom under the meat and into the chest cavity. My 1st and only bow bird. Very unexpected for a deer hunt.
I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
::: Andrew Wyeth :::
ColonialRestorationStudio.com

El Pavo Grande

Very nice!!!  Congrats on a couple of great hunts.

tjh24