Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

whats your starting line up for opening morning?

Started by chufagold, March 01, 2011, 12:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chufagold

What gun, choke, shells, and calls that will be in your vest opening morning?

MarkJM

Remington 12 gauge, pure gold turkey choke, 3 1/2 turkey load, mouth call in my mouth and a friction call in my hand with a camera on a mounted stand 2 feet from me. Look out Mr.turkey :smiley-char092:
MuellerCustomCalls

hookedspur

Benelli M2 20ga ,NITRO #7 IC 555 ,Gainer box call, With a couple pot calls as back up , but I wont needem Im just waiting on daylight.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

StruttinGobbler3

Benelli Supernova, Indian Creek .665 choke, Hevi Shot 3" 2oz #6s, LightsOut canarywood slate, Tom Teasers and Woodhaven mouth calls, and an old Lynch World Champion box call.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

chatterbox

Mossberg 535 with a JH .660 and hevi-13 3-2-6.
Gobbler lounger. In my vest will sit my Andy Kaiser curly maple/purpleheart pot, a cherry glass call by Willowridge. Also, Gibson and turpin box calls by willowridge and a perfection mouthcall.

selinoid44

Remington 1187 Super Mag, Rem turkey tube, 'Flush Draw' slate/glass and a slate/slate. Perfection mouth call and a woodhaven, long box made by me, my gobbler lounger and the love trio.

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

VanHelden Game Calls

Hoyt razor tec. 

And my own copper friction call.

My walnut trumpet

Lynch box

Hen decoy, maybe...

Thats it.  I travel light.  No vest, no seat.  Just me and the camo I have on.  Calls on a lanyard or in the pockets.  Seems every year I drop more items that I feel did not have value for the hunt.  I hope to keep the camo and cloths on :TooFunny:

slwayne

Benelli M1 12 guage, Hevi 13 3-2-6s, Halloran Crystal Mistress, Lights Out aluminum, Nature's Echo walnut slate, Woodhaven Sadler McGraw mouth call and one hen decoy.  Waiting on a custom box from Larry Gresser.  If it arrives before start of season I'll be carrying it, too.  Haven't settled on the choke yet.  Have a number to choose from, just depends on which one tests best with the Hevi 13s.

handcannon

Remington 870 Super Mag with Jellyhead choke. Hevi-13 #6's. Bobby Vanover's crow call, my pots and box calls.

VAHUNTER

835 w/ 24" barrel topped with a PG.670 H13 3.5" #6's
Perfections Blue double
Perfections Trifecta
Pefections glass over slate
A old Knight @ Hale aluminum
Ryan Bonjours Aluminum
Hardcores Slate
Good things come to those who wait

3chunter

870 #5 hevishot through full choke, woodhaven mouth call, reynolds alumunum,crystal mistress, redbeard slate, lights out ceramic

longbow

I will be using a 56" Jim Reynolds Thunderstick longbow at 65lbs. with wood arrows from Paul Jalon at Elite arrows tipped with a Ace 160 grain broadhead.
When using Pappy's trumpet and pot calls you have to give them some kind of chance.
Also will be throwing some sweet talk with the Hooks mouth calls.
Longbow

bowhunter84

remington 1187 SM
rhino .660 choke with nitro H517T 4x5x7
fatal attraxion glass over glass and slate over glass
custom mouth call  made by a friend of mine

i'll have jake and she mobile with me just in case

sugarray

MB 835, 20" barrel, IC .710 choke
TSS 2 oz #8 hand loads

Mouth will likely have the Hook's Jr Imitator and I'll have my Custom Mother Lode Slate by my side with probably the oak striker.

In vest will be my Primos Box Cutter, Mother Lode Youth calls, Hooks calls

misfire

Benelli Supernova 12ga
Burris FF
Rhino .660
Hevi13 3" 2oz #6
one of my Crystal over glass two sider with a goose wingbone striker
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net