Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What production call will stay in your vest?

Started by Muzzy61, June 04, 2012, 10:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I don't have a single production call in my vest.

I haven't had one in there since 2007 and that was a primos power crystal.

If I was going to to put any commercial calls in my vest they would be the power crystal and hs strut lil' deuce.

fletchy

mudhen

Primos Hot Box, just because of it's size, and I still carry a Primos Heartbreaker on occasion.

Haven't used a production slate since buying my first Light's Out years ago.

The Hot Box will probably get replaced this year by something small from Paul's Calls, or someone else who makes a pocket rocket....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Tail Feathers

I always have a BassPro branded Cody glass call in my vest.
Called one up with it for a friend this year.  It still has some magic in it. :toothy12:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

HennedUp07

H.S. Strut Wood Witch Slate...came with an H.S. Strut stinger stick striker. Had it for 10 years now. Still use it every hunt. Also carry the Faulks C-50 crow.

spurman

For a production call it is Knight and Hales Ol Yeller.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

HartClemson99

My custom box call collection is up to about 100 calls and this spring something odd happened.  While guiding down in TX a Quaker Boy Turkey Thug Box Cutter ended up in my truck and I used it to drive and locate as calls get knocked about and I didn't want to break one of my Lamar Williams or Albert Paul calls I brought.  The box cutter has a very high pitch and the Rios loved it!  I called up 5 birds with that call this spring and for some reason it worked on the Rios!

In past seasons I had similiar luck with the Primos Wet Box.
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973