Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What production call will stay in your vest?

Started by Muzzy61, June 04, 2012, 10:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quaker Boy Old Boss Hen

quaker
boy old boss nen

vaturkey

I've got 3 Lohman Thunderdomes. Here's a pic of 2 of them. The other 1 is in my vest.  All of mine are slate. As far as I know they were made with Chrystal & slate. I buy everyone I see. As you can see the aluminum dome dented up easy. The one in my vest looks worse than any of them. IMO they are a Killer slate call.

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Skeeterbait

Nothing plastic left in my vest including locators.  A pair of codys are still in there.  Like someone else said, they have killed too many birds to give them up.

Cut*N*Run

My Hooks Hoot'N'Stick is the last piece of plastic in my vest. I'm always tempted to buy the turned wood version or make one of my own, but I just can't seem to put aside that swirled plastic gem of a call.

chipper

I used a Crystal Dome years back and killed a lot of birds with it, its gone now, it got broke. The only production call I still carry is the one I killed my first 2 long beards with, a Quaker Boy Easy Yelper, It don't get used very often but I did kill my 4th bird in Tn. With it this year on heavily hunted public land the last week of the season.

mossyoakpro

This brings back fond memories....I killed my first bird with a glass thunderdome.  I still have it, maybe I should break it out again.

As far as production things in my vest it is a Primos Gobble tube....although I may put the old Thunder dome back in there for old time sake!!
Phillippians 4:13

Shoregobbler

West Augusta

I have one crystal Thunderdome in my vest and one still in the package. I hope that I don't have to open it.

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

WildTigerTrout

Wayne Carlton's "Copper Pot". I also like Lohman's Thunderdome series of calls. I have three. One each in slate, crystal and ceramic.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Wingbone

Quote from: vaturkey on June 04, 2012, 07:25:33 PM

I've got 3 Lohman Thunderdomes. Here's a pic of 2 of them. The other 1 is in my vest.  All of mine are slate. As far as I know they were made with Chrystal & slate. I buy everyone I see. As you can see the aluminum dome dented up easy. The one in my vest looks worse than any of them. IMO they are a Killer slate call.

vaturkey   :newmascot:

That's what I'm talkin about! Mine's crystal and dented something awful. It's always been my confidence call though. I wish I could find another crystal dome.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: magnoliagamecalls on June 04, 2012, 07:09:33 PM
Can you all who posted about the Thunderdomes post up some pictures of them. I was reading about them on another site and wanted to see some of them. What all surfaces did they come in?
They were made in Slate,Crystal and Ceramic.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

snoodlum

Lynch Foolproof and HS Tech 3 and Power Cutter. Most times old Kenny Morgan tube ,too.

VAarrowslinger

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.