Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What production call will stay in your vest?

Started by Muzzy61, June 04, 2012, 10:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzzy61

Like most people on this site I have a vast collection of customs calls ( my wife would say to many...). Can't remeber the last time I bought a production call. I have given all but one of them away to freinds or nephews.
But I have a Quakerboy Grand Old Master box call that is always in my vest. I've killed a lot of birds with it. And even now I will break it out when I can't get a bird to answer my other calls.
Don't know what is is about it, but it works and will always have a place in my vest.

What production call has a special place in your vest ?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Wingbone

My Lohman Thunderdome Crystal is the first one out of the vest and 90% of the time it's the last one to get zipped up with a bird flopping in front of me. I've hunted with it for 14 years. I've finally started using custom calls on occasion, but the Dome will always be in the vest.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

dirt road ninja

vaturkey

Lohman Thunderdome Slate !  :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

vt35mag

lightsoutcalls

I had to think about it a bit... I don't own a production call of any kind... not even a striker or crow call. Hmmm...  Guess I better go buy me a squealin' hen or something...  ;D

I guess I'm spoiled by all of the great callmakers I've had the privelege of meeting and hearing their calls.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

drenalinld

Primos hoot tube. Does not sound realistic, but it sure makes them gobble in AR.

West Augusta

Quote from: Wingbone on June 04, 2012, 10:51:25 AM
My Lohman Thunderdome Crystal is the first one out of the vest and 90% of the time it's the last one to get zipped up with a bird flopping in front of me. I've hunted with it for 14 years. I've finally started using custom calls on occasion, but the Dome will always be in the vest.

I'm with Wingbone on this one.  I have carried the Lohman Crystal Thunderdome for years and haven't found something to take it's place yet.  There also may be a Knight and Hale Old Yeller in there somewhere.  Everything else is custom.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

savduck

A 15 year old Quaker boy mahogany mini boat paddle box. Hayden's triple threat crow call.
Georgia Boy

longbeard11

Primos frictionite "Freak"! By far my call that i will never leave the house without. I love my custom calls and all but my Freak will do just about anything and it has called in and accounted for its share of turkeys and has made even more gobble, they eat it up! Always the first one out of the vest for me.

stinkpickle

I still haul around an old Primos Power Crystal.

captin_hook

decoykrvr

I bought a slate Cody World Class from Bill in 1993.  A lot of custom calls rotate in and out of my vest, but the Cody has talked to too many gobblers to not always be in my vest,. For a lot of gobblers that responded to the Cody, it was their last conversation.

magnoliagamecalls

Can you all who posted about the Thunderdomes post up some pictures of them. I was reading about them on another site and wanted to see some of them. What all surfaces did they come in?