OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Red Dot or Scope on Dedicated Turkey Rig???

Started by BrowningGuy88, June 04, 2012, 07:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

For a dedicated turkey rig, which would you pick?

Burris FastFire 3 on 336 mount
19 (86.4%)
Eotech XPS-2.0
0 (0%)
Leupold VX-1 1-4x20mm in low mounts
3 (13.6%)
Leupold FX-II Ultralight 2.5x20
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: August 03, 2012, 07:13:09 AM

Ruger M77

i had a scope on my 870 last year but after getting smacked in the head on both the birds I shot im gonna try a reddot. Seems like it would be a better choice when shooting up and down hills and avoid the big knot on the fore head and head ache later
I eat therefore I hunt

chatterbox

Quote from: Ruger M77 on December 02, 2012, 08:12:22 AM
i had a scope on my 870 last year but after getting smacked in the head on both the birds I shot im gonna try a reddot. Seems like it would be a better choice when shooting up and down hills and avoid the big knot on the fore head and head ache later
If you can swing it, go with the FFIII. It is a rugged, light waterproof sight, that is perfect for turkey rigs. I had all but given up on red dots till I tried this one out on my 835. Now, I will never go back to a scope.
I liked the Burris TAC30 I had on my turkey rig, but it was just too heavy, and now it sits on top of my T/C Impact muzzleloader, which is a much better spot for it.

davisd9

I shoot a Simmons Pro-Diamond on my 835, my main gun.  Bought a 20 ga 11-87 this off season and going to give the red dot a shot on her.  I hunt a lot of big ag fields so the Simmons has been helpful.  It has a diamond shape is the reticule and when that is filled with the gobblers head then he is in the 40 yard range.  Going to use the 11-87 as a woods gun.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer