turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

burris fflll question...?

Started by DirtNap647, June 02, 2012, 04:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

after my first year with the  nikon turkey pro i didnt like the whole scope idea,  thinking bout going to the fflll how do you guys like it?  is it worth the money?  can you change the reticles on the fflll like you can on most red dots or is it just one dot...?

Shellwaster

The reticle is not interchangeable but you can change its brightness. It is an absolute awesome sight. It provides full view of everything in front of you unlike a scope, vey durable and is a breeze to shoot with both eyes open. Oh yeah, it's very easy to get dialed in too.  Give it a try, I doubt you'd be disappointed. And if you are, you can always sell it here.

Skeeterbait

Mount it back as close to your eye as your mount will allow.  Then practice focusing out on your target and mount the gun with both eyes open.  You will notice that you don't really see the frame of the sight, it blurs out as long as you maintain your focus on the target.  The dot will seem to just be floating out there near the target.  This is the way to shoot an open lens reflex sight.  With just a little practice you will be surprised how quickly you can put the dot on the target this way.  If you get the guard though it makes this a little more difficult as the guard and frame together don't blur out quite as well.  I personally don't like the guard because of this.

BandedSpur

Quote from: MrB0000M on June 02, 2012, 04:58:26 PM
after my first year with the  nikon turkey pro i didnt like the whole scope idea,  thinking bout going to the fflll how do you guys like it?  is it worth the money?  can you change the reticles on the fflll like you can on most red dots or is it just one dot...?
Have a FF II with the 4 MOA dot and a FF III with the 3 MOA. Love them both. Great sight for the money, trim and light with very easy target acquisition.