turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best red dot?

Started by NYGobblergetter, June 01, 2012, 09:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYGobblergetter

I am thinking of putting a red dot on my rig for next year. Any suggestions for an Rem 870 shooting 3.5" hevi shot?

busta biggun

I have tried multiple red dot scopes and they have all broken while shooting. I went through 3 different tru glo scopes and a Nikon which broke when I was sighting it in. I would recommend a holographic sight. I use the Eotech and I LOVE it. There are a TON of guys using the Burris Speed Bead. Try this link to the optics forum and you will find a ton of information. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/board,8.0.html

mrlongbeard

I use an Eotech 512 in mossy oak to match my 870 supermag. she killed 4 gobblers so far this year. Awesome sight for a turkey gun in my opinion.  :fud: :OGani:

beagler

Aimpoint 9000SC red dot scope. I have one on my Mossberg 835 and one on my Benelli SBE 2 as well. They withstand the heaviest recoil and get unbelievable battery life.
Never Misses

gobblergls

In an electronic red dot--Aimpoint has been at it longer and has a well-earned reputation.  Non-electronic, Trijicon.

TauntoHawk

dont go cheap.. you WILL regret it

burris, Eotech, aimpoint, trijicon, leupold these are the brands that make quality products that will withstand the beating of a turkey gun... theres a lot of look a like and knock offs but invest in quality
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sugarray

Look at the Mueller Quick Shot.  2 seasons for me and lots of rounds patterning.  Sitting on my 835, shooting hand loads and 3.5" Win XRHD.  Only problem is it is deadly on turkeys.   :icon_thumright:

harleytom

Lots of good options out there. I have both Eotech 512 and Mueller. Both do the job. I like the price of the Mueller but love the durability of the Eotech.

chatterbox

I believe if you are looking into a reasonably priced red dot, the Mueller is the way to go. Lots of guys top thier rigs with them, and have had good luck with them, and you have the option of 4 reticles to choose from.
Now if you have an extra 150.00 to spend, I would go with the Burris FFIII. An outstanding sight, and probably the best bang for your buck in this price range.
Those would be my choices if I were looking for a red dot. I don't believe you can go wrong either way, and it's really gonna come down to how much you want to spend.