turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another honest feedback thread

Started by styger, May 31, 2012, 11:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

styger

I have had great success this spring using my own handmade cost style two sided short boxes. I am addicted to making these calls and need an outlet for them. I finished 3 this week and wanted to post pictures. I also would like to add some  sound files but these calls sound really good to my ear. I  would like to offer a couple to a select few for $60 to get honest feedback on the calls. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. First things first though, How do they look?

styger

The top call is walnut with a Padauk lid and base. The middle call is mineral stained poplar with a Bubinga lid and base. The bottom call is Walnut with a Zebrawood lid and base. The calls are made to Neil cost specifications and all sound as good as the calls I used this spring to great success. I am really surprised at how good the walnut sounds with so many different paddles. I have some Alaskan yellow cedar, butternut and black limba calls started as well. I am not trying to sell any calls in large numbers but truly would like to know if ther is any interest. Thanks for looking.

styger

Sorry about the poor backround clutter. I think it distracts from the calls and does not do them justice for how they really look.

drenalinld

Great looking calls! I think the character of the wood comes through more without the checkering on the lids. One small suggestion, the lid corners look a little sharp to my eye. They may look great to anther though. I might be interested in that mineral poplar.

Wingbone

Man, I'm no box call expert at all, but those look awesome. If they sound as good as they look, you should be in business.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

rdmar

Those are some good looking boxes. If you were to sell them I would buy one

TRKYHTR

I think they look good. I would be interested in the black limba or butternut if available for that price. I have a FEW box calls and could give a good unbiased opinion.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

WyoHunter

Nice work! That Zebrawood call is very nice. Let us know when you add a sound file.  :cowboy:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

vaturkey

Awesome looking box calls !   :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

DeWayne Knight

The calls are very nice!  The inlays and checkering on box calls are so precise.  It looks like you are a craftsman with attention to detail. 

lightsoutcalls

The craftsmanship is great.  I agree that the corners on the lid look a bit sharp on the padauk and zebrawood paddles.  The bubinga one looks about right.  I also like the smooth lid to show more of the grain.  Have you posted any in the classifieds?  There may be a minimum post count to list classifieds, not sure.

Nice work!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

styger

Not sure how this got moved to the classifieds. Not offering anything for sale yet. I just wanted feedback on whether there was interest in them or not. Thanks for the tips. Do you think the edges are sharp all the way around the paddle or just where you would "hold" it?  I rounded the back corners on the poplar lid and liked the way it looks but thats the opposite "back" end of the call.

yelpy

The calls look good!

I would like to hear how the walnut/zebrawood sounds.

TauntoHawk

really good looking short boxes, I cant wait to hear the sound files I might be interested in ordering one as well if they sound the way they look!
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>