OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Knoxx or Shurshot??

Started by HoggleGobble, February 28, 2011, 08:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggleGobble

Bought a Max Gobbler a few years ago that came with a knoxx stock. Debating on putting on a shurshot stock. Anybody ever used both before? And if so which one do you prefer. Can't decide if it's worth spending the money to put on a shurshot. Thanks guys!!!

TANK

I love mine. The cheapest place I found them was Natchez Shooter $49 for the black and $59 for the Obsession.

Gobble!

I held both and prefer my knoxx

bigjb

Don't know much about knoxx.  i love my shureshot, especially since i'm a lefty.

TANK

I guess I should've been a little more specific in my post. The Shur Shot has a  better feel to me than the Knox. When you pick up the Shur Shot its like your cheeck falls perfectly into place. The Knox has the AR battle rifle feel to me.........not what I;m looking for in the Turkey woods. JMO

ncturkey

I like both. I have and love the Shurshot stock.

PANYHunter

I like the knoxx, just feels better imo.  It is adjustable and you can also get a recoil reducing model if you want. 

TauntoHawk

this will be my first season with the sure shot and im in love with how great the feel of the gun is.. lines your check up perfect if you plan on mounting a sight
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

paladin

I have both. I would not replace my knoxx with anything but it is on a 835 that i shoot 3.5'' 2 oz shells. My shurshoot is on a 3''870.
"have gun-will travel"

gophert

Mossy517

Quote from: paladin on March 01, 2011, 08:08:41 AM
I have both. I would not replace my knoxx with anything but it is on a 835 that i shoot 3.5'' 2 oz shells. My shurshoot is on a 3''870.

Do you have the recoil reduction model? If you do you experience the cheek slap that some reviews refer to? Also do you have the cheek piece to keep you head higher for shooting with a higher sight system?

Thanks for the help, I am looking to get a knoxx and I am tryiing to determine what model I would like to get for my 835
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

gecko

Sureshot all day long.  I have shot the knoxx but cheek weld is tough.  I have to pick my head up too much.  Just do not care for how I have to look through my sights. 

bowhunter84

i love my sureshot on my 1187 SM