turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli M1 Super 90

Started by hardluckstrutter, May 29, 2012, 11:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardluckstrutter

Got my hands on a mint M1 Super 90. w 26" barrel in old school realtree. Going to get it set up for turkeys and was thinking Rhino and Nitro 7's.

Anyone have any insight/ expierence with this gun. Any insight would be appreciated.

turkey4090

Have the exact same gun with 26" barrel.  Shooting a Jelly head tube with Magnum Blends.  Veryy good patterns and lots of success!

WiLL B

The Heavy 13 .656 choke shoots the Mag Blends very well also. It shoots lead good too!

ccleroy

TrophyTracker

Hevi-13 Tube with Hevi-13 #7's make mine lethal at 40yds. I added a SteadyGrip stock, Limbsaver Dead Center sights, recoil pad and Kodiak sling to make it a dream in the woods. Nice pick up!

New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

Borat

gobblingghost

I have a SBE with a Sumtoy choke and #7.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: hardluckstrutter on May 29, 2012, 11:03:18 AM
Got my hands on a mint M1 Super 90. w 26" barrel in old school realtree. Going to get it set up for turkeys and was thinking Rhino and Nitro 7's.

Anyone have any insight/ expierence with this gun. Any insight would be appreciated.

Congratulations! You have an excellent gun and in my experience, also a great barrel length.

After a good deep cleaning, I'd recommend that you try the Hevi-13 Turkey Choke. It's a real winner in those barrels. I also see excellent results with that choke and the 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of either #6 or #7 shot.

Again, congratulations. You have a great gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

hardluckstrutter

All-

Thanks for the information!

TrophyTracker- Where did you manage to find the SteadyGrip for an M1 Super 90? I know they are easy to get for an M2 and all of the other newer benelli models. Will this fit the M1?

Thanks again!

ccleroy

I would look towards a speedfeed 4 tactical stock before I would the steady grip........1/2 the price and fits way better.

TrophyTracker

Quote from: hardluckstrutter on May 31, 2012, 01:34:41 PM
All-

Thanks for the information!

TrophyTracker- Where did you manage to find the SteadyGrip for an M1 Super 90? I know they are easy to get for an M2 and all of the other newer benelli models. Will this fit the M1?

Thanks again!

I ordered it from a local Benelli dealer a couple of years ago. It fits the M1 and the SBE1. I see them around from time to time. They run around $150.00. The place I got mine from had one in stock in old school Realtree X-tra. Not sure if he still has it though.

I would never consider shooting anything else after putting this on it. It fits and feels great, and when you get it to match your gun, it looks awesome. The only mods I made were to put a sling stud in the bottom, and a Limbsaver recoil pad on it.
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl