turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi-Shot turkey choke.

Started by fletchy, May 24, 2012, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fletchy

Well I was wondering if anyone had the hevi shot turkey choke for a mossy 20gauge? If so what shells seem to work best for you? I wanted a indian creek but they were outa stock at the time so that was what i bought. I have only tryed a few different loads in it federal #5 lead 3inch. Winchester xx#5 3inch and hevi mag blend. The mag blend did okay at 40 but didnt get anything close to what ive seen on here! But I will say my wife flat out smoked her first tom this year at over 30 yards! It went down so fast she thought she missed because the other tom flew away when I tossed the blind off us so she could run up to him! That was my favorite hunt yet! To bad I was tagged out already or we would have had a double for her first!

goblr77

I haven't seen many folks on here using that choke in 20ga guns. I have one in a Beretta Xtrema 12ga and it will smoke with Hevi 7s. I would suggest starting out with Fed HW 1.5 oz 7s or Hevi-13 1.25 oz 7s. One or the other of those loads should give you what you're after.

WyoHunter

My Beretta AL391 Urika 20 ga. shoots in the 130's with Hevi-13 7's using this choke.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

fletchy