News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Albert Paul's Box calls question??

Started by DUCKDIGGLER, May 28, 2012, 09:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

Quote from: mudhen on May 30, 2012, 12:27:03 AM
Clean with a higher pitch.  It was made for Cali & Nebraska hybrids.  Albert has hunted the exact same area I have in Nebraska, and he made that call based on his observations in the field.

Works well in the wind, and can be brought down for close in work.

Of course, the best solution is to have 10-12 of his calls, and I'm hoping to get to that point soon  ;D

Just call him.  He'll take care of you.  If you don't like it, he'll rework it.  I have zero worries about buying his calls, no matter the price....

mudhen

I agree. I have an all walnut from Albert. The walnut came from an 80 year old barn that we have both hunted turkeys on. It is in my top 3 best sounding calls I have. Mudhen I think my last count was 15 Pauls calls. They are awesome and he is a great guy.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

DUCKDIGGLER

nyhunter

I have a walnut side and maple lid and bottom call from Albert and it a good sounding call. I'm also going to buy a new one I was thinking walnut and poplar but now I'm not sure. I'm looking for a high pitched front and medium rasp with a distinct 2 note yelp, I want it to really pop your ear drum when i run it. any suggestions?

CallDr

Quote from: nyhunter on June 03, 2012, 09:43:33 AM
I want it to really pop your ear drum when i run it. any suggestions?

It's hard to get that "pop" sound that rings in your head on a short box. I think the long box an or boat paddles do it more often. To me a Pot call with the right striker does it best.

A lot of times the fast rollover is how you are running the lid and not as much as how it was tuned. But I do agree the the 2 Notes play a roll in that. When I can I either play the caller myself or over the phone. I know what sound I am looking for.

www.wildtalker.com

HartClemson99

My favorite call Albert made for me is a mini combination of ebony and holly.  In his normal size box, it has a course sound, but in the small box it is high pitched and sounds great in my opinion.
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

M Sharpe

I talked to Mr. Albert night before last about a new box call. He was unable to play any since he had just come in from the shop. Suppose to call him tonight though and pick out something. I have to hear one before I can make a decision since there are so many good combos.

Mark
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

DUCKDIGGLER

Mark...please let us know what you decide on and why......I have yet to call Mr. Albert to order one....I'm hoping before the end of next week. :drool:

M Sharpe

I called him tonight. He ran a walnut over butternut and a walnut over red cedar. I chose the walnut and cedar. The butternut had a little more hollow sounding yawk while the cedar sounded a little tighter. If this makes any sense.......Both sounded good, but the cedar was just a little more of what I was looking for.

Mark
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

turkey4090

I received a cedar and walnut before my trip to Nebraska this past year!!! Needless to say it worked great there!!!  I also have a poplar and walnut in the pocket call and it has called in a few over the years!!!  Great box call maker!!!