turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scope and mounts for Benelli

Started by TRKYHTR, May 23, 2012, 04:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

I used my buddy's gun all year and he had a scope on it. Now I want to put a scope on my Benelli. Any ideas on what to use?

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

BrowningGuy88

Is your gun drilled and tapped already? If so, EGW and a few other companies make picatinny rails to fit factory D/T Benelli's.

If not, take your pick of mounts and have them fitted up!

TauntoHawk

If I was going to go away from using reddots and got a scope I would look at the Nikon turkey pro and leupold 1-4x20  in turkey plex
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TRKYHTR

Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 24, 2012, 04:03:21 PM
If I was going to go away from using reddots and got a scope I would look at the Nikon turkey pro and leupold 1-4x20  in turkey plex

Do you need a variable scope for turkey hunting? I always thought a shotgun scope for turkeys was a fixed power? I have the availability of getting some Leupold scopes pretty cheap. Maybe I should look in that direction.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

drenalinld

You will not be disappointed in Leupold. The most important thing in a turkey scope is lots of eye relief!!!  I just bought a Nikon pro diamond and it is nearly as good as the Leupold. Yes on the variable power.

beagler

Here's the EGW picatinny rail on my SBE 2.
Never Misses

mudhen

Lots of options Joe.

Is your SBE an SBE II?  Did it come drilled & tapped?

Easy to mount a rail, I use Weaver #93 style.

After that, I've liked just about every sight I have put on my SBE II.

Leo NWTF Scope is nice, Bushnell Trophy Red Dot worked well, I may put my old FF II on it, etc.

What I really like about scopes on Benellis is it can help dial in the pattern, which can be tricky on under-bored guns.  Start with a big sheet of paper, and dove loads, and you will eventually find the sweet spot.

My SBE II is heading to TarJac soon to get a MO Bottomland bath, and then probably that FF II or a new FF III.

Take care,

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

vaturkey

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 24, 2012, 05:45:10 PM
If I was going to go away from using reddots and got a scope I would look at the Nikon turkey pro and Leupold 1-4x20  in turkey plex

Do you need a variable scope for turkey hunting? I always thought a shotgun scope for turkeys was a fixed power? I have the availability of getting some Leupold scopes pretty cheap. Maybe I should look in that direction.

TRKYHTR

Joe

I have a Leupold VX2   2x7 x33 Power on my Benelli SBE2 & love it. IMO Leupold is the best scope made for the money. If you can get Leupold scopes pretty cheap, I would go that route. Good luck !

Ricky  :newmascot:
Vaturkey

TRKYHTR

Quote from: vaturkey on May 26, 2012, 10:05:25 AM
If I was going to go away from using reddots and got a scope I would look at the Nikon turkey pro and Leupold 1-4x20  in turkey plex

TRKYHTR

Joe

I have a Leupold VX2   2x7 x33 Power on my Benelli SBE2 & love it. IMO Leupold is the best scope made for the money. If you can get Leupold scopes pretty cheap, I would go that route. Good luck !

Ricky  :newmascot:

Looking at my Leupold stuff, it doesn't show a VX2 as a shotgun/muzzeloader scope. It only shows the VX1 in 1-4X20, 2-7X33 and 3-9X40 and the ultraslam scope for shotguns use.
I can get a VX2 2-7X33 for 206.00 and a VX1 2-7X33 for 145.00. I can get the Ultraslam in camo but it's 220.00.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

BOFF

TRKYHTR

All of mine are fixed power. I have used scopes in the past, but prefer the red dots and Holographic sights now.

My SBE has a FFII on it. I had to have it tapped, and used a Weaver 93A mount I believe.

I can get pics if needed.

God Bless,
David B.