OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Ventilator Choke apparently works well!

Started by tha bugman, May 22, 2012, 08:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Killed this bird in PA last week at 52 steps using the Remington Ventilator Hevi 13 #7 shot!

tha bugman

This the second bird I killed in PA with the Ventilator and the Hevi 13 #7 .  He came in to 21 steps.

lowoctane

Quote from: tha bugman on May 22, 2012, 08:54:21 AM
Killed this bird in PA last week at 52 steps using the Remington Ventilator Hevi 13 #7 shot!

Huh. Now that's a photo op!!! :toothy9:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

stinkpickle

Quote from: Spuriosity on May 22, 2012, 04:54:22 PM
Uh-oh, the internet police are going to get you.  :angel9:

I'm sure those were short steps.   :TooFunny:

Congrats on the birds, bugman!

Terry

I shoot a ventilator with Winchester supreme #5's. It beat out the undertaker and jellyhead. Great choke!

Congrats on your bird.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I can't say enough about that Ventilator choke for the money spent no choke I know of in the Rem guns will touch it. 

The same goes for the Hevi-13 7's.  Some will say they won't kill.  But that is pure myth as you can testify differently.  But we will say that was right at 40yds since we don't want to make others take shots past 40yds here.  And really that is a good policy. 

MUSHCREEK

hunter-b

captin_hook

Great PA birds! I love the remington choke that came with my supermag as well.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

tha bugman

I understand....we had two come in and we tried to double but he did not shoot when I counted three...I asked him as they walked up to range them and he said that there was no time....lol  those #7's killed him stone dead! at 40 yards on a target I got 162 pellets with that load!
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 22, 2012, 05:45:54 PM
I can't say enough about that Ventilator choke for the money spent no choke I know of in the Rem guns will touch it. 

The same goes for the Hevi-13 7's.  Some will say they won't kill.  But that is pure myth as you can testify differently.  But we will say that was right at 40yds since we don't want to make others take shots past 40yds here.  And really that is a good policy. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Congrats on your birds.  Sorry for my manners. 

And I would bet that if you shoot a larger target at 40yds, and I may be wrong but if you did what I think you did, but draw your cirlce after you shoot around the densest part of the pattern and you will smoke the 162 in a 10".  You ought to then get at least 250 or more. 

tha bugman

awww that would be awesome...I would love to count those numbers...I think that at longer distances that the gun seems to be shooting low and to the right :z-guntootsmiley:
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 23, 2012, 02:10:13 PM
Congrats on your birds.  Sorry for my manners. 

And I would bet that if you shoot a larger target at 40yds, and I may be wrong but if you did what I think you did, but draw your cirlce after you shoot around the densest part of the pattern and you will smoke the 162 in a 10".  You ought to then get at least 250 or more. 

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase