OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

old white

Started by dpittman, February 28, 2011, 01:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpittman

Anyone have pics of a dissected old white or a pic of the box they come in.

econo

Old white What? are you speaking of the white muzzleloaders? I have a white 50cal. rifle  G sereis
May God bless you all

shootumindaface

I have a bunch of old white.. Its roll crimped in  clearish white hull.. The box is the one with the giant turkey on it

GC

I am down to my last three "old white" shells.  Thankfully there are some good alternatives now that can sub right in there with little or no less performance.  It wasn't always so... ;)

Reloader

Hands down the most efficient Hevi shell IMO.  It can be beaten now with the #7 loads, but the efficiency is not matched with any other factory load.

shootumindaface

Quote from: Reloader on February 28, 2011, 04:07:29 PM
Hands down the most efficient Hevi shell IMO.  It can be beaten now with the #7 loads, but the efficiency is not matched with any other factory load.

Agreed... Could you imagine if Polywad loaded the same configuration with the 7s

Ctomp1974

X2!!!!

Here is a pic

hookedspur

:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

pullit

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 28, 2011, 05:24:30 PM

Agreed... Could you imagine if Polywad loaded the same configuration with the 7s

HOLY COW.... numbers would be unreal!

Fox Fire

Call me a cave man but heavy whites are the bomb, if I had known they would've discontinued them I'd a stocked up.

I found 1 box for sale last year, the guy said he was clean'n out his old stuff and found them, I drove 30 miles one way and gave him $25 for them, wont hear me complain'n but I dare not waste'm.

allaboutshooting

I've been digging into the OW shells that I have in #5 shot and have been pleasantly surprised at the patterns I'm seeing with them. I've had a couple of cases for years and just never shot them much but decided to try them to see just how they'd work. I'd really forgotten how soft those shells shoot!

It's really important to keep those shells in controlled temperature & humidity conditions. I store them at 65 degrees and no more than 50% humidity. They are subject to degradation if they get too hot/cold or especially in humid conditions.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

TrkyHntr

Local store here still had some of the old whites sitting on the shelf, last time I was in there. I think they wanted $29.99 a box for them.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

surehuntsalot

I know where 10 boxes of the "old" whites are,the bad news is they are #4's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase