OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I Finally Bought The Fenix TK70

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, May 16, 2012, 09:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Al,

I got 4 of the Tenergy 10,000MAH batteries coming and should be here Mon.  Those are supposed to be super batteries with the higher MAH capacity which you need to run the TK70 on turbo mode.  Reports from guys on the flashlight forums with the TK70 and these batteries is that you can run it on turbo for about 1hr and 15 min before it kicks down to high mode.  I think it kicks down though due to protect the XM-L led's from getting too hot.  But the Energizer NIMH D cell batteries you can buy at wally world for like 2 for $10 are only rated at 2500MAH.  So I doubt they will be much better than alkalines.  You can use alkalines  in this light but they don't have the capacity to run the light on turbo mode for very long I believe is why they recommend the higher capacity NIMH batteries.    

Here's the link to the batteries I bought.  They are cheaper per battery if you buy 8 or 12 at a time form this seller.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x-Tenergy-D-Size-D-10-000mah-NiMH-Rechargeable-Batteries-/290617454142?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item43aa266e3e

ILIKEHEVI-13

I wanted to tell anyone here who is considering this light that it is a pretty good size light.  It runs on 4 D cell batteries.  The head is like 105mm in diameter.  But it is a throw demon.  And it has some very good spill as you can see in the photos.   There is a video on youtube where a guy actually shuts off a streetlight at night by activating the daylight sensor shining the TK70 beam on it.  

Swamprunner

I find it funny that your lights are too big for practical use and your turkey pellets are too small for practical use.

beagler

Never Misses

mossy835

That is one bright light!!! Put that on a quad for emergency use. Wonder how it will work in the fog??

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Swamprunner on May 19, 2012, 11:15:21 AM
I find it funny that your lights are too big for practical use and your turkey pellets are too small for practical use.

Well that is your opinion and we all have one it seems. 

I can assure you I have a mixed variety, and that isn't even all of the ones I have bought.  My son has quite a few as well. 

Maybe you could find one that would serve your need, but then again maybe not. 

mikejd

Hevi, You are my new idol. Now thats a cabinet.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: mikejd on May 19, 2012, 08:49:32 PM
Hevi, You are my new idol. Now thats a cabinet.

Thanks buddy.

I got all these today.   That TK70 is awesome!

From left to right.

Jacob A60, FandyFire STL-V6, Fenix TK70, Ten Eight(Balder), Small Sun C10

mikejd

wow. No need for a generator at the Hevi household. I just showed the cabinet picture to my brother and wife. brother pretty impressed, wife not so much.

lowoctane

Holy candle stick, er, I mean, candlepower!!!
Unbelievable flashlight dude!!!

:turkey2:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

snapper1982

that is a nice light. carry it and a magnifying glass with you and start a fire..lol

bet with a red lens it would be a fine coyote light

ILIKEHEVI-13

Thanks a lot guys.  I got my good batteries today so tonite I'll see what it can really do.  

Here's another little video to show you.  

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r1Wun9ct7RE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here's one showing that it can shut off a street light at nite.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KDbBFC-MkdI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old Gobbler

My grandmothers brother warned me of lights like this ...... he would fly over targets in the third Reich when he flew for the RAF , German 88's would soon zero in on your planes location .... dangerous missions  ...... JK

that beam has got to be a million candlepower - wow

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I took some beamshots just a little while ago if you guys want to see them. 

Here's few more of the light itself.  It's 16" long with the extender tube shown in the picture and running off 4 d nimh batteries.

350yds to the barn this was on turbo

220yds on turbo

60yds on turbo

70yds to the pole in my neighbors yard on turbo

Look how well it lights up my yard with the spill.

neverstopchasin