OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I Finally Bought The Fenix TK70

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, May 16, 2012, 09:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

I have been dreaming about this flashlight for about a year now.  Well I finally pulled the trigger and just bought one.  It should be here Saturday.  It runs off of 4 D NIMH batteries.  It's one of the brightest LED lights on the market.  

Here's a few pictures of what it looks like.  

And here's the kind of beam it throws.  

I can't wait to get it.  

hunter-b

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's a little video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FrVxTLPZRas" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BOFF

YOU? 

YOU................................

Actually WAITED a year?

Get out of here!!!  :goofball:

Looks like a wicked light!!  :icon_thumright:

God Bless,
David B.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

blackmagic

Great now I NEED something else.  Cool light.

What would be really sweet is if they had the remote pressure switch for it.  I'd mount it in the front of my boat and get double duty out of it.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I Didn't pay nowhere near $250 for it. 

I paid $172.50 shipped to my door.  You won't find it any cheaper.  And you won't find a LED light that will touch it for that price either. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Maybe this one will show you what I mean when I say not many lights will touch it. 

Devastator

looks like a good one.how long do ya think battery life is?also what does the beam look like not reflecting off water?i may have to get one.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: timb on May 17, 2012, 11:00:28 AM
looks like a good one.how long do ya think battery life is?also what does the beam look like not reflecting off water?i may have to get one.

Read this and it should answer all of your questions. 

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?321024-Fenix-TK70-with-measurements-and-outdoor-beamshots

And if your still intersted shoot me a pm and I'll give you Shane's email address so you can get it for the same price I did. 

vaturkey

Congrats ! That's an awesome looking light ! You could use it for an airplane landing light !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

mikejd

Hevi, love it. Been wondering when you were gonna post a new light up here for me to look at.
Never seen that one. But I like it. Funny that some guys spend money like that on little surfire lights that probably aren't half as good. Good luck with it. Don't burn the woods down with it. LOL.

bird

How much do those batteries cost?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: mikejd on May 19, 2012, 06:42:00 AM
Hevi, love it. Been wondering when you were gonna post a new light up here for me to look at.
Never seen that one. But I like it. Funny that some guys spend money like that on little surfire lights that probably aren't half as good. Good luck with it. Don't burn the woods down with it. LOL.

I have bought some, but I slowed down a little.  I got 3 more coming.  I just don't want to get carried away here since this isn't a flashlight forum. 

Surefire makes some very nice lights, but your paying for the name and the lifetime warranty.  Surefire doesn't make a light that I know of that will touch the TK70. 

spaightlabs

Seems like the roosted birds would be able to see ya when you walk into the woods with that? :toothy12:

Awesome light.  If a headlight on the truck goes out, little duct tape and you're good to go!