Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

anybody shoot the new remington 870 with shurshot stock?

Started by AR_gobblergetter, February 28, 2011, 09:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AR_gobblergetter

Hello all, new here  .interesting site , curious who shoots the new 870 with shurshot stock, and the ventrib,and factory remington red dot, all mossy oak camo . 3 1/2 , I havent shot it yet but feels good , gonna shoot this weekend, got several diff chokes and loads to try, what are you having luck with and best patterns here it is

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bird

The 3 big chokes that are preferred in the Rem 870SM are IC, JH and PG.  I myself prefer the Pure Gold .670 as it did better in my gun than all of them. 

Good Luck ~ Hunt Safe ~ Take Lots of Pictures

bird

:wagon:

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

fallsflight

I am 100% satisfied with my PG .670 choke, shooting Hevi 13, 3", #6.  That choke throws a GREAT hunting pattern with that load.

Gobble!

My best pattern
.665 Indian Creek
Hevi13 3.5" 2.25oz #7s (the best shells on the market)
324 in a 10" circle at 40 yards

A .660 jellyhead can also do this at half the price

sodfather

Have the same gun and I use the jellyhead. Love the gun also I have a slug barrel and use it for deer hunting.

hookedspur

Quote from: Gobble! on February 28, 2011, 07:49:11 PM
My best pattern
.665 Indian Creek

:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ncturkey

I 2nd this.
Quote from: hookedspur on February 28, 2011, 09:10:06 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on February 28, 2011, 07:49:11 PM
My best pattern
.665 Indian Creek

:agreed:

coachmitchel

I got one with a PG 670 and shoot hevi 6's.  Give a nice even pattern.  Got some 7's to try when it warms up.

chadabear

Bass Pro just sent me a flyer with that gun on sale for 479.00....Thas an awesome price for that gun........
1 Samuel 12:24
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

TrophyTracker

Mine with the vent rib, likes 3.5 in Remington Wingmaster HD #6's  and a TruGLO SSX .643 tube

On right
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

AR_gobblergetter

nice guns!! I thought my red dot was jacked up, and called remington , they sent me a new truglo with the red/green rheostat dot and flip up caps, I put it on and like it , found out there is nothing wrong with the remington red dot that came with it, the lens inside in the front housing looked crooked . .well its supposed to be . .Im gonna pattern the gun this weekend, and have a kicks gobblin thunder , and a patternmaster to try out, I may try to find a jellyhead, also Ive had great luck out of Hevi shot magnum blends out of my mossbergs, and super x3, but this remington may not like em, I have nitros, feds, hornadys, winchesters to try in all diff shot and 3, and 3.5  . . Ill post the results . .thanks guys!