turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SpeedBead Questions

Started by Jake Smasher, February 28, 2011, 01:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Smasher

I am strongly considering a SpeedBead for my Winchester SX3.  If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a couple of questions of the people who use them.  (1) How do they handle the heavier loads like the Nitro  3.5 in. 2.25oz loads?  (2) Is it OK to use them in the rain?

Also, where is the least expensive place to get one?

Thanks,

Bill

Ryan T

looking for the same info! Post it up fellas.

Jbird22

Quote from: Jake Smasher on February 28, 2011, 01:44:58 AM
I am strongly considering a SpeedBead for my Winchester SX3.  If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a couple of questions of the people who use them.  (1) How do they handle the heavier loads like the Nitro  3.5 in. 2.25oz loads?  (2) Is it OK to use them in the rain?

Also, where is the least expensive place to get one?

Thanks,

Bill

1. Mine seems to handle recoil just fine. POI has remained the same after a dozen or more shots. I haven't used Nitro's but have shot 3.5" H-13's, 3" Win Super X and Fed Premium, and 3.5" Win Supreme HV (the hardest kicking shell I've ever shot).

2. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,473.0.html - Read the bottom post on the first page by BurrisOptics. He answers this question directly.

As far as where to get em, I bought mine from a local gun shop. He got it cheaper than I could have ordered it myself so it was a no brainer.

So far I really like mine. The true test will come in a few weeks though hopefully

CW

I have a speed bead for a sx3/gold that I am probably going to part with.  I like the sight very well, but the issue I have is the dot is in the barrel when on target so in order to hit the target, the gunbarrel has to obscure it.  I believe this to be a barrel issue, not a sight/mount issue.  Mine has 10 rounds shot under it and has the warbird guard, which I highly recommend.  Shoot me a pm if interested.

BurrisOptics

JS,

1) The sight and the mount will handle anything you can throw at it. 

2) Yes you can use the sight in the rain.  Make sure you use the provided gasket and you will have no issues. 

CW,

Sounds like you just need to use one of the risers to lift it high enough to clear the barrel.  If you don't have any and want to try it then let me know and I'll have sent out to you.

Jake Smasher

Thanks for the responses.  I saw CW's post and thought the same thing about the riser.   I may send him a pm if he chooses not to try a riser.