OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mother's Day Devotional 2012

Started by pappy, May 12, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Proverbs 6:20-22

20 My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
21 Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.
22 When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.

Proverbs is packed full of instructional verses like these, but none touch my heart today more then what I posted up above. As in the morning we will be laying my wife's mother to rest I ponder upon the things she passed onto me and my wife over the years.

"Don't you dare use that kind of language in my house!"  "You come in my house you wipe your feet and wash your hands before we sit down to the table!"  "You need to start coming to church with me..."

I could write on and on, but you get the point. THE LAW OF THY MOTHER......it has been engraved in our hearts and so many times throughout our lives we hear those words of maternal wisdom speak. But, there is so much more to it then that, it is the love that our mothers express that becomes the binding agent between her and her children a love that Only God could have instilled in their hearts, a very endearing and protecting love, one that reaches way beyond the portals of time.
If you are fortunate to still have your mother, let me give you a suggestion, put any silly grievances aside, forget any past experiences that may have caused strife between you both. Honor her, revere her, not only on this day but every day you have with her. Think about the things she gave up for you, the countless tears she may have shed, the times when she refused to purchase for herself when she would buy for you, the advice she gave, her pet peeves, and pet names she had for you, all these things build a relationship like none other, when they are added up in love......
My mother went to be with the Lord in 1999.....so many times I have caught myself writing or looking at the phone, just wishing we could talk again, but in this world it will be no more, but in Heaven we are going to sit and talk for all eternity....please don't be like me and so many others who have to wait upon our reunion, have one today, go tell her you love her, hug and kiss her, honor her and I don't care how hard it is, leave the past behind and move on to a bright future.
Do me a favor go listen to this song.........by Loretta Lynn......If I could only hear my mother pray again.............
http://www.metrolyrics.com/if-i-could-hear-my-mother-pray-again-lyrics-loretta-lynn.html
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

drenalinld

Thanks for the words, pappy! Praying for you tomorrow. I love that old song!

MisterEd55

Thanks Jack!  Your words are SO TRUE!  I'm praying for you and your wife.
"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might."  Deuteronomy 6:5

MAKEemQUIVER

Prayers for you and your wife. Cant imagine where id be without my mom and my wife.
Go Big Blue!!!!!!

BOFF

Thank you Jack.

Prayers for things to have gone as smoothly as possible for today.

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

My mother is so much more to me than that. She is a confidant, friend, mentor and inspiration. My mother is a devout Catholic and for all of my junior years, she was the foundation of Christ at my house. My dad wanted nothing to do with church. I have since become a Baptist, much to my mother's chagrin ;D, but she understands. And now my dad has come around and has been going to church himself for the past several years and reading his bible daily. I give a lot of the credit to my mom
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

vaturkey

Thanks Jack for those VERY well spoken words.

May God Bless you & your family during these difficult times.    :mycross:

Ricky 

Vaturkey

Roostem33

Very well spoken Jack, I'm glad that I don't have any strife with my mom, she is the sweetest thing in the world to me!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)