turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 and Win XRHD #6

Started by Skeeterbait, May 10, 2012, 11:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeeterbait

Someone in another thread asked about this combination so I thought I would post my best pattern and test results from a couple years ago.

This is a Mossberg 835 24" barrel.  Bore is highly polished.  Temp at time of testing was in the 70's.  Distance was lasered 40 yards.  Shells were Winchester XRHD 3.5" #6.  Circle is 10".  Three rounds were fired from each tube.  Bore was swabbed with dry 10ga bore snake three times between each round.

Indian Creek Black Diamond .675     Low 216, High 225
Pure Gold .670     Low 180, High 194
Kicks Gobblin Thunder .670     Low 173, High 188
Kicks Gobblin Thunder .680     Low 158, High 171

davisd9

Thanks for posting this.  I am getting interested in seeing what they will do in my 835 with a Star Dot choke.  Like the pattern with the IC!  :icon_thumright:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Skeeterbait

Never counted the 20 but you are correct, the IC choke leaves very little in the area outside the 10 ring.  It is also scary tight at anything less than 20 yards.  I shoot a reflex red dot sight.  I would not hunt with the IC without well adjusted optics.  In fact, before going to optics, the Kicks .680 was what I was using.  It leaves more margin for error.

The bottom gun is the gun that shot this pattern.

DirtNap647

i agree and i am also getting around 230 with the win. shells and the ic choke out of a 835  :icon_thumright:

beagler

I'm getting better numbers with a Rhino .695 in my Mossy 835 with the Win XRHD #6's.
Never Misses

MossbergMike

I had asked about it I shot some today had trouble sighting in my gun. Found out I was turning the set screw the wrong way. its a 835 was shooting 2 inches low. I will go tomorrow and do more shooting turning the screw the rite way clock wise. And hopefully post some pics of how she does with the win xrhd number 5's in 3 inch. Nice pattern though.