turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi 13 3.5" 1 3/4 oz # 6??

Started by je4bowhuntin, February 27, 2011, 09:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

je4bowhuntin

Well I went to get some of the good stuff and Basspro did not have 2.25oz so I got the 1 3/4 oz #6. do these pattern well??

Reloader

I've gotten anywhere from 175-210 with them from various guns and various chokes.  Even had some that held 100 in the 10 a bit past 50yds.  Some claim they are crap, but they are much better than lead and very easy on the shoulder.

I wouldn't count out the 3" 2oz #6 loads either, they pattern better than the 3.5 2.25 6 loads out of all of my rigs.

Every gun is different, so it will take a few combos to find your sweet spot.

Have a good one,

Reloader

knightrider

you will just have to shoot and see my 835 shoots the 3in 1.5/8 #6 very well it puts up 260-270 at 35 with the lighter load.  :anim_25:

hookedspur

You will have to try them mine doesnt like them but yours my.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

shootumindaface

I had bad luck with the red or green ones years ago.. But on these boards some folks have fallen in love with them..

ILIKEHEVI13 has a monster pattern with them through his mossberg

Reloader

je4bowhuntin

I might try to pick up a box of mag blend and the 2.25oz by next weekend

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Not the best, but definitely good enough.  I kind of like the 3-1.75-6 shell, which should perform the same at 1090fps.

je4bowhuntin

The shell bought are gold. They had green ones that said max dram. Which are better? Gonna pick some3" magblend tomorrow

mmusso

The 3.5 - 1.75 - 6s patterned pretty well for me last year and again this weekend with all 3 chokes I shot them through. Not the highest numbers, but consistent or even pattern across paper, getting 150 - 160 in the 10" circle.
Shot through a Benelli Nova, JH .655, Carlsons .665, and HS Undertaker .675.
Hope this helps.

Gobble!

I would give those a try before I would buy others

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 27, 2011, 09:54:00 PM
I had bad luck with the red or green ones years ago.. But on these boards some folks have fallen in love with them..

Well thanks for the kind words.

But it was my 870 and the 3" loads that shot so well for me.  The 3" 2oz #6 loads only put about 143 shot in the 10" with this same choke.  My guess is the shorter shot column worked better in this choke.

shootumindaface

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 28, 2011, 11:01:46 AM
Quote from: shootumindaface on February 27, 2011, 09:54:00 PM

Well thanks for the kind words.

But it was my 870 and the 3" loads that shot so well for me.  The 3" 2oz #6 loads only put about 143 shot in the 10" with this same choke.  My guess is the shorter shot column worked better in this choke.

It would be interesting to see total pellet count in that load.. Thats the one Tranz had like 611 pellets in..

ILIKEHEVI-13

You know I could probably just hunt with that load and say the heck with any other load out of the 870.  They are cheaper and shoot very well.  I think I gave $15 for the box of 5.  I guess I need to go back and buy the rest of that lot# they have.  I think they have at least another box.  I could tell they don't kick as hard as the 2oz loads.  I like that.   :z-paddy-smiley113:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I had 517 shot that hit my 31 and 3/8" diameter cardboard.  And I would say it was safe to say that some missed.