turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Let the testing commence...

Started by Longspur321, May 06, 2012, 09:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longspur321

Received all my chokes and shells that I ordered yesterday.  :you_rock:Left to right (Tightwad .570, Hastings .562, PureGold .555, and an SSX .550). Special thanks to Mr. Clark Bush and O.G. member "Kates" for getting the SSX and the Pure Gold shipped to me so quickly. Ordered 3 boxes Fed's from Midway (lot # 37UT455) Hopefully at least one of these bad boys will throw me some good patterns because I'm seriously diggin' this 20 gauge thing.....
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

Woodsman4God

What gun you running them through?

Longspur321

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

SammyC

I guess I'm gonna have to do the same w my 870 youth.  I'll be following ya to see how it comes out.  Good luck

TrkyHntr

Mine shot the best with a hastings .562. I tried everything you've got plus a jelly head .570 and a puregold .570. I also tried the remington super full. neither of them compared to the hastings.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

Longspur321

Quote from: TrkyHntr on May 07, 2012, 01:12:40 PM
Mine shot the best with a hastings .562. I tried everything you've got plus a jelly head .570 and a puregold .570. I also tried the remington super full. neither of them compared to the hastings.

Shane

Sweet. Do you have a pic of your patterns with it?

rtsj

I know its not a Remington but my Mossberg super bantam did the following with the Fed HW 7's.
Tightwad .570  did 166/10"
Sumtoy .562-5 did 159/10"
Hastings .574  did 157/10"
All shot at 40 yds.

Roy

TrkyHntr

This is close to average with the hastings .562

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

chipper

I'm betting on the SSX, my sons shooting 160's consistently and shot a few 180 plus patterns, one of those patterns is posted in the pattern pictures.

savduck

Quote from: chipper on May 08, 2012, 03:32:45 PM
I'm betting on the SSX, my sons shooting 160's consistently and shot a few 180 plus patterns, one of those patterns is posted in the pattern pictures.

I'd put money on that as well.
Georgia Boy