Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone use a tarp for a floor in their blind?

Started by sugarray, May 06, 2012, 02:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

With all the rain here in WV and the early spring and high field grass, I have been thinking of taking a canvas tarp to put down as a floor.  This would help with water and bugs, but would be much quieter than a "regular" tarp.

Any thoughts?

stone road turkey calls

canvas is the way to go, it is cloth and will not make any noise. those plastic tarps will run every turkey in the woods away.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

sugarray

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on May 06, 2012, 02:27:33 PM
canvas is the way to go, it is cloth and will not make any noise. those plastic tarps will run every turkey in the woods away.

My thoughts too! 

Dan Smith

I sit on a 5 gallon bucket with a seat that snaps on to the bucket (inside the blind).  More comfortable, and the bugs leave me alone.

sugarray

Quote from: Dan Smith on May 06, 2012, 02:32:05 PM
I sit on a 5 gallon bucket with a seat that snaps on to the bucket (inside the blind).  More comfortable, and the bugs leave me alone.

I have 2 armless chairs to sit in, I'm just thinking of the taller grass and the wet grass due to the rain.

mossy835

The only issue I can think of is after it is wet and dirty it will be a mess to haul out other than that it should work!

BowBendr

Quote from: mossy835 on May 06, 2012, 02:52:11 PM
The only issue I can think of is after it is wet and dirty it will be a mess to haul out other than that it should work!

X 2, but it sounds like canvas would be the way to go.

RutnNStrutn

I've never tried it, but it sounds like it would work. All you'd need is a lightweight backpack to put the tarp in for the walk out.

RemingtonRules

Quote from: mossy835 on May 06, 2012, 02:52:11 PM

Agree, just something else to mess with.  Wear boots and bug spray leave the extra bulk at home. 

Thunderbolt

I never used one...but its a great idea......Thunderbolt