turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 and Winchester HV or dense loads.

Started by MossbergMike, May 06, 2012, 01:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MossbergMike

I just wanted to know if anyone has any pattern pics  with there 835 and the winchester high velocity loads or the ultimate dense loads. I will be shooting them out of a sumtoy .075. If anyone does or can tell me how it will shoot so I have an idea before I get my gun back I would appreciate it. I'm having new sights on them. tore my old rear fibers of in the woods by accident.

lowoctane

Hey buddy, before you get jumped, you may want to m
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

lowoctane

Mobile apps sometimes notta work to good!
Started to say this is for pattern pics
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Crappiepro

Hey Mossberg Mike, Go back and look at my pattern pic thread I posted. I shot the Winchester High Velocity 3.5" #6 with a JellyHead choke on my 835. I was able to put 168pellets in a 10" circle right at 37 yrds.
I really like the Win HV's they pattern really well with my set-up.
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,18590.0.html

trkehunr93

My 835 likes the 3.5" HV 5's better than the 6's, didn't put up huge numbers but would kill a turkey stone dead at 40 yards.  20-30 hits in the head and neck, more than enough to do damage!

BHhunter

With the Sumtoy .675 Hevi-13 #7 is hard to beat. My 935 put 341 in 10" at 40 yards lazered. Just shot a bird at 35 yards yesterday and that combo just destroyed the head and neck area.

MossbergMike

Thanks for your help guys appreciate it.

mightyjoeyoung

Wana know the "funny part"?  Even after the first 3 guys post that this particular forum is for pattern pics only, there is invariably 5 or 6 guys that just keep on posting on the thread like the never read the first 3 responses that the op should move the thread.  "Funny"...isn't it?   :TrainWreck1:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

davisd9

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on May 08, 2012, 06:44:51 PM
Wana know the "funny part"?  Even after the first 3 guys post that this particular forum is for pattern pics only, there is invariably 5 or 6 guys that just keep on posting on the thread like the never read the first 3 responses that the op should move the thread.  "Funny"...isn't it?   :TrainWreck1:

Some of us understand that every now and then a thread is placed in the wrong area and do not get worked up about it.  Instead we just try to help the individual.  Nothing wrong what lowocatane said cause he was just trying to help the fellow out from getting jumped by people that have nothing better to do than complain where a thread is posted.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mightyjoeyoung

Not worked up at all.  Just stating facts.  The admins put up rules for a reason.  All you have to do is READ AND UNDERSTAND THOSE RULES when you become a member on a site like this and you should have no trouble planting your posts in the correct places.  I moderate on numerous other hunting chat forums so I have literally seen it all.  This sort of thing is nothing new, but sometimes folks just need more than a gentle reminder to follow the rules as set forth by the forum owners.  Not trying to belittle anyone, just trying to motivate them to do the right thing.  Just saying...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

davisd9

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on May 09, 2012, 02:28:16 PM
Not worked up at all.  Just stating facts.  The admins put up rules for a reason.  All you have to do is READ AND UNDERSTAND THOSE RULES when you become a member on a site like this and you should have no trouble planting your posts in the correct places.  I moderate on numerous other hunting chat forums so I have literally seen it all.  This sort of thing is nothing new, but sometimes folks just need more than a gentle reminder to follow the rules as set forth by the forum owners.  Not trying to belittle anyone, just trying to motivate them to do the right thing.  Just saying...

Agree with what you are saying and I could have easily misinterpreted what you were doing.  For that I am sorry.  Just do not see a big deal in it happening as long as it is not the same person doing it over and over again.  Seeing that he is a fairly new poster, compared to me and you, I give him a little more or a break. 

Nothing wrong with just helping a guy out in posting in the right place and thanks for doing it!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer