Main Menu

COYOTE BITES TURKEY HUNTER

Started by catdaddy, May 04, 2012, 10:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

:o  Crazy!...  I'm glad I don't use decoy's   :TooFunny:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

ILIKEHEVI-13

That would be very scary.  Just goes to show you that you never know what can happen hunting.  Glad he was ok. 

Flydown

Crazy stuff! Would make for a good hunting story though!  :fire:

tomstopper

Another reason to add to the list of why we should hate coyotes.  :z-guntootsmiley:

TauntoHawk

I see more yote during turkey season than any time of year.. its like a feast out there between fawns and turkey nests

the look on a yotes face after they take some Hevi #6's to it is priceless... cuz its dead  :smiley-char092:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mikejd

I've had this same thing happen to me twice. Only I didn't get bit both times as the coyote got about 5 feet away and ready to pounce what he thought was a turkey I had to jump out of my seat at him and scare him off. I woould have shot them but funny thing was both times it was a first light and I had birds roosted not more than 50 yds away. I did not want to blow my hunt. We work to hard at this to get under a rooste and blow it. You know.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

We were charged by something 2 weeks ago in the silent darkness by our trucks while we were waiting on a buddy.

Sucker came at us WFO and all we could do was instinctually spring into the bed.

Our suspicion is that it was a yote.

mikejd

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on May 04, 2012, 12:48:54 PM
We were charged by something 2 weeks ago in the silent darkness by our trucks while we were waiting on a buddy.

Sucker came at us WFO and all we could do was instinctually spring into the bed.

VA turkey. Were you guys making calls or was it a random charge.

Longspur321

I peppered one in Georgia a couple weeks ago. Me and a buddy were sitting on the edge of a greenfield and one came running in over a knoll behind my decoy. He/she was about to grab it and I sent out a load of 7's. Dang thing just spun around, starting biting it's belly and yelping, and ran 5ft from my buddy into a fence. Never saw it again. Don't know if I killed it, but I dang sure ruined it's day....
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: mikejd on May 04, 2012, 01:45:13 PM
Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on May 04, 2012, 12:48:54 PMWe were charged by something 2 weeks ago in the silent darkness by our trucks while we were waiting on a buddy.

VA turkey. Were you guys making calls or was it a random charge.

Man, our buddy was running late and it was 430am; we were standing there quietly about to leave the truck for a tight roost set-up.

I can't identify anything we did to provoke such behavior.

Tail Feathers

I splashed thru a mud puddle on the way out of the woods one day.  I heard something running out of the creekbottom coming my way.
Two 'yotes came directly at me.  I raised my gun and they made a 90 and hit a gear I'd never seen before.
They didn't get too close and I didn't get a shot.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Thunderbolt

That is crazy...I've seen a few in the past out turkey hunting,but never did they want to come into my decoys....

Scout24

I gave one a lethal dose of HeviShot 6's at 7 yards yesterday in NH's opener as it was stalking my DSD's. Last week in Ct a big reddish male raced in and bit my motion hen, dropped it and ran just as fast away. I was waving both hands at it trying to drive it away as two longbeards were closing fast but that coyote was oblivious to me.

Runnin Gunner

I shot one opening day in Florida as it stalked a wind blown decoy during the youth hunt.  Rolled him up to stalk no more.   Sorry but I say kill em all every time regardless! :fud:
For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.  (1 Corinthians 2:2)