OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nebraska 2012

Started by SCtrkyhntr, May 03, 2012, 02:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCtrkyhntr

Well it was another great hunt out West for our crew this season. We only had a three man crew this year, one of our buddies that normally goes passed away this winter and it was a little different without him there.

The weather was pretty nasty the first two days. Heavy rain and thunderstorms rolled through but cleared the afternoon of the second day. We managed to pull a nice triple beard in on the morning of the second day and my buddy collected him. Birds showed up in the fields that afternoon ready to dry off and work he call after the 2 days of bad weather. I managed to connect on two nice longbeards that afternoon. Pics were not were good due to the weather. One of my birds was sporting 1 3/8" spurs.

Next day was clear and dry with moderate winds. The birds absolutely rocked on this day. We were treated at the roost hunt by 12-15 toms hammering and more hen talk than one could imagine. It was an absolute delight to witness these type of hunts. From the third morning to the end of our hunt the birds worked great. We ended up killing 9 nice longbeards on some spectacular hunts. I got to withness the rest of our crew kill most of their birds and could not have had a better trip. Again the pics were not the best due to the weather but it was another trip I wil not forget. It was a good mix of hunts from big cotton wood river botoms, to corn fields, to hills and canyons. I can't wait to get back out there in 2013. Congrats to everyone that had a great season and good luck to all those still hunting.

slwayne

Nice work!  Sounds like a great trip.  Public land or private?

TRKYHTR

Looks like alot of fun. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

tomstopper

slamman

doesn't get any better then that congrats.

Ruger M77

Wow sounds like alot of fun congrats!
I eat therefore I hunt

Flydown

Awesome trip Dusty! Congrats buddy!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

boomer

mountman62

looks like a great trip
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

HARDCORE

Way to lay the hate Dusty, congrats to you and the crew.  :you_rock:

HC

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey