OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I'm a LOSER

Started by Solid Snake, May 03, 2012, 09:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solid Snake

I keep losing my stuff in the woods! How many of ya leave or lose stuff in the woods and don't realize it till you get home or back to the truck? I've been bad this year.

First, I got a nice set of Williams Firesights for my gun and spent some time sighting them in just to have the back adjustable sight fall off in the woods. Didn't notice till I got back to the truck.

Then this weekend I guess I didn't snap the flaps on my striker pouches and lost both my strikers that Wendall from Lights Out made me!! He just made me a beautiful Osage Orange one too - only had it about a week!  :angry9: I even drove 30 miles round trip to look for those suckers.

Very frustrating!!!

remmy1187

Im guessing this happens to most of us every year.  Turkey hunting is not cheap! 

Basser69

I manage to "leave" something in the woods every year

Solid Snake

Wooops just saw the post Spring_Woods made about the same thing

charlie

I got so fired up after I shot my first Turkey, I ran off without my face mask and both cammie gloves. :z-dizzy:

budtripp

I just left my favorite diaphragm call, a hooks executioner, in the woods this morning after taking my ol lady hunting. Set it down between my feet while we were packing up to go and looked down and could not find it anywhere :angry9: You'd think I could find a white call against a green forest floor.

Solid Snake

Quote from: budtripp on May 03, 2012, 12:44:23 PM
I just left my favorite diaphragm call, a hooks executioner, in the woods this morning after taking my ol lady hunting. Set it down between my feet while we were packing up to go and looked down and could not find it anywhere :angry9: You'd think I could find a white call against a green forest floor.

You would think!! I was trying to find that osage orange striker and a really light colored wood striker in a field of corn stubble. It all started blending together after a while. Sum beach.

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: Shaw24 on May 03, 2012, 09:09:16 AM
First, I got a nice set of Williams Firesights for my gun and spent some time sighting them in just to have the back adjustable sight fall off in the woods. Didn't notice till I got back to the truck.

I had a similar thing happen to me. Fortunately I saw my sight drop off and found it.  I used loctite on it once I got home.  I couldn't figure out that morning how I completely missed a bird at about 25 yards.  I had to sneak up on him, as he was fleeing from my buddy shooting one of his roost mates.  He ran to where I had left my DSD hen and jake set up in hopes of a bowhunt later.  I just missed getting to see him knock the jake over so hard it bent the stake.  I got a bead... BOOM!  No feathers, no dust flying from the ground... just a bird running for the CRP a few feet on the other side of the barbed wire fence like he had a nest of hornets on his tail.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

tomstopper

Quote from: Basser69 on May 03, 2012, 09:52:26 AM
I manage to "leave" something in the woods every year
:agreed:

Spring_Woods

Quote from: Shaw24 on May 03, 2012, 10:46:49 AM
Wooops just saw the post Spring_Woods made about the same thing

haha its okay man. glad to see I'm not the only one. It's the "zombie effect" caused from getting up early too many days in a row!
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Thunderbolt

hahaa...dude we all do it....I put my calls and strikers in a lock bag now...cause the strikers&calls  can get expensive...Thunderbolt

guesswho

I just got back from a trip to Kentucky.  I'm now missing a brand new hat and a Trumpet call.  Whats odd is I had them  at my buddy's house when I was cleaning a turkey.  Next morning before heading to the woods I couldn't find them.  Got home and unpacked and still no sign of them.  I'm hoping my buddy or his Wife finds them somewhere around their house :-\  I even lost my boots this year, but I found them where I parked a few days before.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tail Feathers

Ronnie, I'm glad to hear the great boot caper was resolved. :toothy9:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

MossbergMike

I feel your pain I lost a striker this year last year it was mouth calls. Your the not the only one.

barry

I leave my pride in the woods more often than not...does that count?