turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

935 pattern

Started by Trapper, May 03, 2012, 01:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapper

This is  from the 935 I picked up yesterday.  I only got 2 shots in today after work. This is the better one.
40 yards, 3.5 Winn XR 2oz #6, Hevi 13 choke, 178 hits.
I think it will be a little better once I deep clean it since it had a lot of plastic fouling when I got it.
I had a turkey target on top of the circle and it just wasted it.
The 3.5 seem like nothing to speak of recoil wise, I guess the Semi action soaks up some of that. My 500 w/3s seems to kick more.

dirt road ninja

178 is great in my book with 2oz of 6 shot. I don't get a whole lot more than that with 2.25 oz 6's out of an 835. With the mag blend 2.25 I get 175 - 195.

The XR's last year I was getting low to mid 160's and I rolled a couple with that.

Trapper

Oh yeah, I'm happy with it. I have some of the Hevi 13 2 1/4oz , just haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.  It gives me a much fuller pattern than my 500 and a lot more pellets. I've always liked the #6 shot.
I'm glad I picked this SG up. I had an 835 ordered and it was told to me twice, 1 week to come in. Over 3 weeks later, no explanation of why it's taking so long, no communication and our season opening up I decided to cruise the used racks. I really like the 935 so far.  The chokes/shells I had already bought work w/it so it's a win/win for me.

Trapper

I can't wait to see a 30 yard patteren,  :drool: that's gonna be a lot of holes

dirt road ninja

I've been looking hard at the 935's. If I run across a deal I'll scoop up on it. Aslo, heard good things about your choke tube.

With the 835 and 24" barrel thru a IC .675 I get 200 - 225 all day with the Hevi 13 2.25 6's. I bet you do better, never did as well as your's with the XR's. I started to chase numbers and ended up shooting the 7's and get 270 + thru my Stardot. I tried to turn 300, but never did get there. Going to try a few more chokes this off season. Looking to get .670 and .680 to try out with the 6's and 7's.

For what it's worth, this was my first year using 7's and they flat out roll'em. 

captin_hook

That's a good pattern.

davisd9

Would like to find some Winchester XR 3.5 6s to just see what they would do out of my 24" barreled 835 with the Star Dot.  I am currently getting 200-230 with the Hevi 3.5 6s.  Just curious what the XR's would do.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mightyjoeyoung

That pattern will kill for sure.  Looks like you just need to bring it up a bit and you'll get close to 200.  Those Winchester Ext. Range sure do put the smackdown on em too!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

surehuntsalot

good looking pattern
it's not the harvest,it's the chase