OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 5/3/2012

Started by Roostem33, May 02, 2012, 10:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

We proclaim to you what we ourselves have actually seen and heard so that you may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. (1 John 1:3)

When we find a good restaurant, we want to take people there. And not only do we want to take them there, but we want to let them in on the best thing to order. We want them to discover what we have discovered.

In the same way, when we are being taught from God's Word and being blessed, we want to share it with others. Fellowship is more than just socializing. We may talk about all kinds of things when we come to church, but our primary purpose is to talk about the things of God.

When you are walking with God, you will want to be with God's people. And if you are not walking with God, you probably won't want to be around God's people. I have found that when you are in fellowship with God and getting into His Word, then you will want to share it with fellow Christians. You will want to be around fellow believers.

I have also found that people who are out of fellowship with God are almost always also out of fellowship with other believers. A lot of times, the problem is not with the church; the problem is with the person. Someone with covered sin in his or her life always will be trying to uncover sin in others' lives.

Fellowship is praying together. It is serving together. It is growing and aging together. These are the fibers of fellowship. Fellowship with God and fellowship with other believers go together.

Have a great week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Great analogy and devotional!!

Thanks Jody!!

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

This was much along the lines of the sermon yesterday by our preacher.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net