OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New pot call selection

Started by Walleyehawger, May 01, 2012, 04:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walleyehawger

I currently have a Woodhaven Cherry Classic Crystal and a K&H slate hammer. I am looking to get another call. Hearing great things about the Halloran Crystal Mistress. Will this be a lot like the Woodhaven that I already have. Was looking to get a new slate but I like the sound of the crystal too. Any suggestions as to what I should consider next?

Turkey Trot

Bronzed glass pot calls.  Do a light search on recent discussions of them.  Several guys here make them.  Lon Trice of Lonzo's Custom Calls in GA won the DD Adams Award for his bronzed glass.  I'll take a Lonzo's bronzed glass in bubinga or cocobola over a crystal, it just has that certain je ne sais quoi.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

tomanyturkeycalls

I have the crystal mistress and the twisted sister, both sound good but I hunted with Lons bronze glass pots and have shot birds over them... I think they sound excellent to me a more realistic sound, I have a zebrawood  glass/glass, waterfall bubinga glass/glass and a maple glass/slate but this is just my opinion

captin_hook

My buddy got a new glass hollaran call when we were in Nashville this year. I think its called sugartown sweetness. It's glass on one side with a small surface on the back. It's a darn good sounding caller.

West Augusta

Another vote for Lonzo and Glen Marrer.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

culpeper

Quote from: West Augusta on May 01, 2012, 07:26:59 PM
Another vote for Lonzo and Glen Marrer.

Both of these callmakers build outstanding calls with great sound and design

tomanyturkeycalls

X2 on Glen Marrers pots ... got a osage glass/slate and a cherry glass/slate I just got this year and they are awesome sounding... to go along with my other 10 marrer pots.... lol

TauntoHawk

you got a glass and slate I'd get a lights out aluminum or Halloran aluminum

Hooks also builds a heck of a call for a little less $
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Walleyehawger

Does anyone have a sound file of Lon's bronzed glass call?