turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3.5 Mag Blend - pressure

Started by boyhowdy, February 27, 2011, 01:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boyhowdy

The 3.5 Mag Blend shoots just like I want it to in my SBEII, in as much as pellet count and POI - (I would rather use my beads if possible), however, after letting a friend of mine shoot one through a 11-87 Super Mag and witnessing the weld crack where the barrel ring is soldered to the barrel, I'm now thinking that they may be a little much? I know they kick like a mule. What do you Reloaders and Nitro shooters think?   -- I'm not blaming the shell for busting the gun, but it sure didn't help

chipper

I do not believe the Mag Blends are that hot a load, Thats been a problem I've noticed occures from time to time for sevral years with 11-87's .

GOLD HUNTER

we shot the 3" & 3.5 Mag Blend  and i 2 think they are right @ or right at a high psi BUT not over,  they do kick like a mule.

brian

mudhen

I'm no powder expert, but the 3" & 3.5" MB are like night & day for me.  3" are nice, easy to shoot, patterns well.  3.5" are like touching off a Roman Candle, blown patterns, detached retinas (not really), etc.

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

boyhowdy

Quote from: mudhen on February 27, 2011, 04:48:42 PM
I'm no powder expert, but the 3" & 3.5" MB are like night & day for me.  3" are nice, easy to shoot, patterns well.  3.5" are like touching off a Roman Candle, blown patterns, detached retinas (not really), etc.

mudhen

My shoulder's still sore after shooting 3 of 'em 3 days ago, and that's after I've shot around 3.5 cases of shells in Duck Season (so it aint like my shoulder's tender). I just started thinking it may tear my gun up, bad thing is I've already bought 4 boxes of 'em

TheSportsman

The MBs are nothing like the Winchester High Velocity lead loads... NOW them things hurt.

Reloader

Quote from: TheSportsman on February 27, 2011, 07:03:14 PM
The MBs are nothing like the Winchester High Velocity lead loads... NOW them things hurt.

No joke, they chrono around 1400fps for me in several guns and kick harder than Nitro class loads.

WildSpur

Thats good to know!  I picked up 2 boxes of the 3" MB.  I can live with the win HV lead recoil and to know that the 3" MB is not as bad made my day!

Cluck more, yelp less

bowhunter2k9

The HV winchesters are def more of a kick than the mag blends... in my shoulder's opinion  :fud:
Romans 8:38-39

grousec

Shot the 3" mag Blends thru my 935 and liked everything about them.

hookedspur

Quote from: bowhunter2k9 on February 28, 2011, 12:48:28 AM
The HV winchesters are def more of a kick than the mag blends... in my shoulder's opinion  :fud:
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Remturkey

I have to take 2 Advil just looking at those black HV Winchesters. Ouch!

boyhowdy

I shot one of the High Vel 3.5 2oz Winchesters and thought the Mag Blend 3.5's kicked harder, next time I'll just let the Old Lady shoot 'em and then ask her

Reloader

Quote from: boyhowdy on February 28, 2011, 10:20:06 AM
I shot one of the High Vel 3.5 2oz Winchesters and thought the Mag Blend 3.5's kicked harder, next time I'll just let the Old Lady shoot 'em and then ask her

Yeah, you do that.  I want to see the black eye on YOU after she shoots them :D

GOLD HUNTER

Quote from: Reloader on February 27, 2011, 08:23:24 PM
Quote from: TheSportsman on February 27, 2011, 07:03:14 PM

No joke, they chrono around 1400fps for me in several guns and kick harder than Nitro class loads.

YEP! with the MB thats what we got 1400fps in a mossy 835

brian