OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday devotional......4-29-12 Temptation the Devil's Handiwork .....

Started by pappy, April 28, 2012, 05:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Man has it been a tough week, every thing has gone wrong that could go wrong, seems like I can't get ahead for falling backwards.....sound familiar? Oh, yeah, been there done that, so many times have I been tempted to just crawl under a rock and hide myself. Who'd miss me any way???!!!
It is funny how so many of us think we are alone in our battles against Satan's game of temptations, when in fact he was playing the game with our forefathers and theirs and theirs and theirs...you get the picture.  We have not faced anything worse then any one else who is facing troubling times in their life, oh, ours may be different, but nonetheless all of us go through something that will cause us to think or wonder just how strong our faith is.

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Scriptural encouragement, pass it on..... there are no exact instructions for every to follow as every person is different and their situations may be similar, but not exactly the same, but the basic word is found in the bible and that word is "God is Faithful".... I know that's more then one word....
Matthew 4:1-11,
The Temptation of Jesus in the Wilderness, if you are not familiar with these scriptures, go get your bible and read them right now, find out just how sneaky the devil thinks he is but how dumb he really is...
Satan wants to plan his attack when we are at the bottom of the heap, when we have hit rock bottom and we are so weak......just like Jesus was after being without food for all those days, the pains of hunger, left just enough of the door open for Satan to jam his lil' evil foot in, "turn these rock to bread"......your weakest point may come at the loss of a loved one, or during the time of sickness, or when you have been hurt by someone in church.....and the devil will take advantage of that moment, especially if he sees you haven't called out on the Lord, but we cannot afford to live on our feelings or emotions, these are temporal sustenance, like bread would be to the hungry, we have to eat the word of God and know that He is Faithful.
Trusting in God is hard sometimes when the temptations are so great,  you know that and I know that, and God knows that, but what's bad is that Satan knows that and he attacks with false promises, and false trust, expecting us to place our trust in him or ourselves, but it isn't our will be done is it? It is the will of the Father that has to be done, placing our trust in God, that is His will....if Jesus would have jumped from the pinnacle, proving that He was the Son of God,  he would have proven Satan's line of attack was right, "get them to brag on who they are, trust in themselves and not their God".....what a temptation, and finally to bow down to Satan, he'll promise you the moon, he'll offer the world, if we would just give in to the temptations and bow down and worship him, if we were to quit trying to live our lives for Christ because we faced so much troubles, if we were to stop believing the word of God or in God Himself and walk the paths of unrighteousness, because Satan said he'll make it easy for us.......but let me remind you again of the top verse...

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Roostem33

This scripture serves as a great reminder to me Mr. Jack, thanks for the wonderful devotional!!!!

Glad to see you feeling better also!!

Have a blessed week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Great Devotional Jack!!

I needed to be reminded of this:

"but we cannot afford to live on our feelings or emotions, these are temporal sustenance, like bread would be to the hungry, we have to eat the word of God and know that He is Faithful."

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

And yet again, another timely message. Guys, this forum has been a true God send for me. And the messages lately have been just what I need to hear and trust in. Thank you Jack. If you guys only knew!!!!!!!
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

MAKEemQUIVER

Feel like this message was wrote just for me, thanks guys!!!
Go Big Blue!!!!!!