turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need your prayers -

Started by lightsoutcalls, April 26, 2012, 05:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

As I mentioned in the Wednesday devotional, my oldest daughter is about 4 months into her pregnancy and got a report that nobody wants to hear this week.  Two different ultrasounds revealed the baby has no kidneys or bladder.  Two different docs have agreed that the baby would not live if delivered at term, and likely would not live until full term if carried.
   I talked to my daughter this afternoon after she got out of another Dr. appointment.  They are planning to induce the baby Sunday.  She is broken hearted to say the least.  Man, it hurts when your kids go through such a big life challenge...  It really hit hard when she said "Dad, I just want it to be over.  I can't stand knowing that it is not going to live and still feeling it move inside."  As a man, I can't imagine the thoughts, feelings, emotions.  As a dad, I just want to hold her and cry along with her.
   Remember my wife and other 2 daughters as well.  My middle daughter is taking it hard.  She won't show it on the outside, but posted on facebook about how she didn't want  to hear right now how God could have a purpose or a plan for such a situation.  My wife has dealt with depression and anxiety for years.  This may be tough...
   I have dealt with some intense life situations over the past 10 years.  Although there are lessons to be learned from each one, I really wasn't ready for this.  I pray that God will use me to bring comfort and give wisdom to know when to just be silent and love on each one of them. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

redarrow

Prayers from Michigan my Brother. :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

dlquinn

Prayers for you and your family from CA  :bible:
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

Roostem33

Man Wendell, that's got to be hard on you and her. My prayers are with all of you in this trying time. God bless!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

MAKEemQUIVER

Praying for your family!! My sister went through this about ten years ago, I was a senior in high school and thought it was no big deal since the baby had stopped developing and hadnt been born. When we got to the funeral it hit me like a ton of bricks, couldnt believe the emotions that ran through me. Cant imagine how the mom feels.
Go Big Blue!!!!!!

BOFF

Sorry to read Wendell.

Heavenly Father,

As we come to you now, we lift up our brother Wendell and his family, particularly his daughter to you. We ask for you to honor your servant's request to use him to bring comfort, giving him the  wisdom to know when to just be silent, and when to love on each one of his family members. Comfort each one of them in this situation, and provide your peace, grace, and blanket of love to cover each one, and his or her, specific needs.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen.

God Bless,
David B.

lightsoutcalls

Thanks guys. Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

Turkey Beard

As a Christian, my heart breaks for your family, particularly the parents of this precious baby.  May God bless each one of you in His own way and time.

As a funeral directory, may I offer a thought.  I highly encourage you as a family to acknowledge this baby formally with a ceremony of some type.  Just the other day a young mother came to me to tell me that she had had her 4-month-along baby born as a stillbirth.  She further told me that no one in her family, including the father, felt as if this was a loss of any importance... "it's just a fetus."  I strongly disagree with this position and, while I'm not saying that you should have a full-blown funeral ceremony, I do highly recommend that you all gather and, in some way appropriate to your family, formally recognize the importance of this precious baby and the love that you all have for him/her.

May God bless you all...
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

misfire

My heart hurts for your daughter and your entire family right now Wendell. I pray that God will spread His arms over your family and bring peace to you as soon as possible.

Lee
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

lightsoutcalls

Yesterday around 3pm, Grayson entered this world very briefly before being in the presence of God.  My daughter and son-in-law spent some alone time with him and dressed him in their room.  I'm not sure of the plans for the days ahead.
   I ask for your continued prayers for my daughter and her husband.  Zach is not a Christian, and was not raised to know or trust in God.  I can't imagine what it is like not to have that connection with God to lean into in a time like this.  He has been exposed to more prayer over the past 5 months they have been married than he likely has in the rest of his 21 years. 
   I don't pretend to know why God allows such events in our lives or the lives of our children.  However, I have learned to trust that He knows what He is doing, and that he is doing it for our ultimate good. 

stumpy

we'll be praying for you and your family bud

Stumpy
Happy Hunting
Thanks
Chad
AKA- Stumpy

Chad Hutcheson
Po box 55477
McRae Ga

gophert

Thinking about you and your family this week.  My prayer is that the comforter (Holy Spirit) wraps his hands around your daughter and your family.  I am also praying that Zach will come to the realization that it is these moments that God carries us and will come to trust Him as Savior. 

Tim

vaturkey

Im very sorry to hear of you & your familys loss ! Prayers sent from Va.   :mycross:
Vaturkey

Turkey Beard

1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com