OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

3" or 3.5" hevi or win. Ext?

Started by je4bowhuntin, February 27, 2011, 10:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

je4bowhuntin

I am going to bass pro in a few hours to buy something new to pattern I currently shoot 3 and 3.5 lead 5 and 6's. I shoot a benelli supernova 26" with and Indian creek tube. If you could only buy one box what would it be length size brand? I'm leaning to hevi 13 # 7 if in stock and if not than hevi or Winchester in # 6. I am only buying 10 rounds because I have so much good lead I can't justify more. Thanks for the help!! Also will be installing williams firesights. It's on this season...lol I got the tinkering fever from this sight. Ps I killed birds good enough before I came to this sight with my cheap choke cheap ammo crap calls and cheap decoys but I sure like upgrades!!!

ILIKEHEVI-13

I doubt you will find any Hevi-13 #7's.  Bass Pro Shops is behind the times on good ammo.  I just came from the Bass Pro in St. Louis not long ago and they had zilch.  They did have the some of the Win Xtended Range load as did Cabelas.  I don't think Cabelas had any 7's either.  But you can order them out of their catalog if they still have them in stock.

je4bowhuntin

So if 7's were not available what would you go with and 3 or 3.5

EMSDJ2

My Benelli SBEII and my remington 11-87 both like the 3 inch winchester extended range #6's.

Gobble!

I shoot 3.5 inch
If you don't mind the kick why not go 3.5

je4bowhuntin

I don't mind the kick. So are the win. 6 or the heavy 6 better

Gobble!

je4bowhuntin

I got some 3.5" #6 hevi 13's Basspro had a rebate form by them. $5 per box. They were 15.99 here in Oklahoma. Thanks for the help will post some patterns next weekend

Gobble!

Did you get the 2.25oz loads?
I probably should of mentioned them earlier.

je4bowhuntin

Nope. They only had the 1.75 oz. Surely they are still better than my lead right. Why do they make difference of .5 oz In a 3.5"

hookedspur

Quote from: je4bowhuntin on February 27, 2011, 10:37:49 AM
I am going to bass pro in a few hours to buy something new to pattern I currently shoot 3 and 3.5 lead 5 and 6's. I shoot a benelli supernova 26" with and Indian creek tube. If you could only buy one box what would it be length size brand? I'm leaning to hevi 13 # 7 if in stock and if not than hevi or Winchester in # 6. I am only buying 10 rounds because I have so much good lead I can't justify more. Thanks for the help!! Also will be installing williams firesights. It's on this season...lol I got the tinkering fever from this sight. Ps I killed birds good enough before I came to this sight with my cheap choke cheap ammo crap calls and cheap decoys but I sure like upgrades!!!
Keep leaning in that direction.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

je4bowhuntin

tactikel

You wont find any Hevi-13 in 7 at bass pro, the one near me had only 2.25 oz in 4, 5, 6 or mag blends. I got a box of #6s and one of mag blends- I'm going back tomorrow for more mag blends (my 835 loves them). Good luck, btw tell the guy behind the counter to order some #7s hopefully they will catch on.  :TooFunny:

je4bowhuntin

Yea I ask him.... He was like uuuuuuuu 7's what....we got mag blend

slicksbeagles1

when you guys need hevi shells try mid south shooters supplies great prices and great service. www.midsouthshooterssupply.com