OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Done @ 6:49

Started by PureGold, April 23, 2012, 06:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PureGold

We set up over looking a rye field to our front and a cut-over to our backside. We set up the decoys in the field anticipating the action to happen there. As we settled in our spots for a brisk morning hunt a bird gobbles in front of us about a 100 yards. "Perfect"! As the dark slowly turns to light and the bird continues to gobble we are very confident in our plan. Just then another bird gobbles less the 60 yards to our right and he sees us. Uh Oh...Problem! Well, he got nervous and pitched down from his tree and slowly head directly away from us. As its continues to get light our first bird continues to gobble.  Just then, from behind us a loud gobble screams across the cut-over. Now, concerned that we are vulnerable from our backside I position myself facing the back towards the cut-over and left my buddy to watch guard in the field. As my eyes are adjusting to the morning light I scan across the cut-over and notice a deer entering from the wood-line. In front of the deer stands a nice Tom about 150 yards directly in front of me. I let out the first yelp of the morning and the bird gobbles in response. That was the last gobble out of him. He came on a dead run and covered the 150 yards like and NFL running back. At 25 yards he poked his head over the ridge and I quickly found my bead on his head. I didn't waste any time dropping the hammer on this guy.

12-1/8" Beard and nice hooks!

MAKEemQUIVER

Go Big Blue!!!!!!

Limbstrutter

That's a TOAD. Way to go,, CONGRATS.....
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

tomstopper

Nice gobbler. Congrats.

Ol'Mossy

Nice gobbler and one heck of a beard, congrats  :icon_thumright:

FL Longbeard

Nice paintbrush.  Great story.

Skeeter41

shootemintheface

Spring_Woods

Sounds like a blast! Nicely done
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Hognutz

Congrats on the nice tom. That beard is unbelievable. Your tom is the exact opposite of me. I'm heavy and have a short beard!!  :toothy12:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Wrangler95

Very nice going,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Tail Feathers

Congratulations on a fine tom!
I'd have shot him with that beard even if I KNEW he had a broken spur.
They are all trophies but the hunt makes 'em special!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

wvnut3

that is awesome. Lee :drool:

beagler

Never Misses

Gazelle