turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

We lost a good call maker this week

Started by Beretta686, April 22, 2012, 01:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beretta686

I met Gary Johnson 5 years ago volunteering with the local NWTF committee.  He was a simple man that made some sure enough sweet calls. I spent many evenings in his shop watching him turn out pot calls.

I have several of his calls. He would call me several times a season to see how things were going. I have given away many of his calls on different hunting hunting trips and then go get another one from him.

Gary went turkey hunting Wednesday evening and never made it home that night. He was found sitting against a tree the next morning. The Lord took him Wednesday afternoon doing what he enjoyed most.

I went hunting yesterday morning with one of his calls and killed one heck of a gobbler. The call is out of my vest now and I will always remember that hunt and a special friend when I look at the call.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

BOFF

Jeff,

Sorry to read of the loss of your friend. He reads like he was a wonderful friend, and asset to the turkey hunting community.

Prayers for you and Gary's family.

God Bless,
David B.

TnTurk

Roostem33

Its never easy to lose a friend, he sounds like a great guy and I'm sure he will be missed!!! God bless and my prayers are with you and the family!! :cross2: :cross2:

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

woodwzrd

I am sorry for your loss. He sound like a great friend and I am sure the memories of the hunts and the time you shared will live on forever. One nice thing is good friends like yours leave much more than just memories when they go.

gobbler336

man what a way to go, he was blessed even in death.   personally i think you should keep hunting with his call, he made it to hunt with, not sit on a shelf, what good is anything just sitting on a shelf.