turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

STAR DOT for 835

Started by longspur, February 26, 2011, 08:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longspur

Just saw one for sale on GON swap and sale. not sure if they still have it or not I just saw it there for 60 bucks

ILIKEHEVI-13

That must have been dipped in gold for that price. 

surehuntsalot

they must have lost their minds
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 26, 2011, 11:53:30 PM
they must have lost their minds

I know where that guy got that choke too.  He bought it at Franklins in Athens,GA and is trying to make a profit.  

surehuntsalot

sounds like a big profit to me

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

longspur

not PURE GOLD, just gold plated

BowBendr

He'll get $60 out of that choke easy, somebody will jump on it.  :icon_thumright:

Serious word has gotten out about the reputation of the StarDot matched with an 835.
They are starting to become more scarce since these Hevi 6 and 7's loads are gaining popularity among "casual, everyday turkey hunters".

In the 835 the Stardot puts up very impressive numbers with lead, but they are freakishly nasty when you stuff some Hevi thru them. I bought one and with 1 shot thru an extremely dirty barrel became an instant member of the 300 club.

Some hunters seek that out just like some people chase vintage cars around trying to buy them. No they're not made of gold, but to some people they are definately worth their weight in gold.....mine is.
:wav: :wav:

ILIKEHEVI-13

That may be so, but that is pretty expensive for a choke that used to be $20 and $5 to $8 on closeout at wally world years ago.  I like my Star dot choke, but last Tues in 45 degree weather it got smoked by the Tru-Glo .670 and Indian Creek .675 shooting Hevi-13 3.5 #7 loads. 

Reloader

I have a SD.676 for my 835.  Believe I paid $5 for it years ago.  Wouldn't take $150 for it :D

bhanks55

Reminds me I actually LEANT mine to an acquantance that couldnt get is gun to pattern last season and had to hunt the next day. Darn thing was still in the package... The look on his face was priceless when he shot it. I must be a saint. No idea what I was thinking....It would kill me if that choke disappeared.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Reloader on February 27, 2011, 08:30:53 PM
I have a SD.676 for my 835.  Believe I paid $5 for it years ago.  Wouldn't take $150 for it :D

X2

Finch

I was fortunate enough to purchase a stardot choke last year for about $30 if I remember correctly. I was actually going to post this question elsewhere but I'll ask here. I can shoot hevi shot thru my stardot without any damage being done to my choke? Is this choke really hevi shot friendly?

Reloader

Quote from: Finch on March 02, 2011, 09:42:58 PM
I was fortunate enough to purchase a stardot choke last year for about $30 if I remember correctly. I was actually going to post this question elsewhere but I'll ask here. I can shoot hevi shot thru my stardot without any damage being done to my choke? Is this choke really hevi shot friendly?

Yep, blast away.

Finch