OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Twisted Sister Striker Recommendations?

Started by zeus26, April 19, 2012, 09:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeus26

Just picked up one of Mr. Halloran's Twisted Sister pot calls, and while it sounds great with both of the strikers that it came with, I was wondering if anyone else has found a striker to pair with it that's the peanut butter to this call's jelly? 

I've heard good things about Talkin' Sticks products, but would love to hear about any combo that folks have discovered that make the T.S. really sing.

Thanks!

BigEz

I really like Lights Out dymondwood striker with the twisted sister.

TauntoHawk

here is what I have ran on mine

Joe slatons - Cocolobo, flar tip dymondwood, and ebony

Hooks Gobbler stix - yellowheart, cocolobo, paduak, also their 2 piece laminate

Andy Kaiser's - cocolobo elephant ivory tip and his carbon striker

Hallorans 2 piece laminate and purpleheart, and his one piece flar tip purpleheart

as well as hickory, osage orange, and other random strikers

And my favorites in order:
1. Halloran's one piece flar tip purpleheart
2. Joe's Dymondwood flar tip
3. hooks Paduak
4. yellowheart

I also really like the Ivory but I gave that striker away as a gift. I like the feel of davids single piece striker once I got it and I plan to add a few more of his strikers and calls. The purpleheart runs well on all my calls and will be in the top of the line up saturday morning along with the TS
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

drenalinld

Halloran one piece Holly, Wenge, and purple heart will make it sing like all get out. I have a callmakerman snake wood that is awesome on it as well.

savduck

Mine came with the one piece massacre ebony striker. Sounds just fine to me.
Georgia Boy