Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Saturday Devotional 4/21/2012 "Summer-time greenfields???"

Started by BOFF, April 20, 2012, 11:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Well this week and last has been a lot of planning, discing, and planting our summertime fields for the wildlife. In covering for Barry while he is away, I was thinking about the sowing of seed, and trying to correlate it to Barry's last devotional, and the days after Christ's resurrection.  It just wasn't coming together, until now. While reading tonight, and the final piece of the lesson fell into place.  

Matthew 28:8-10;16-20 (NIV)

8 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9 Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Often referred to as "The Great Commission", Jesus does not ask us, but commands us in verses 16-20 to spread the good news about Him. In other terms, to sow the Word of God. However, there is no limitation of time frame in Jesus' commandment. Much like the need of food plots for the wildlife year round, we too, are to plant God's Word year round. There are many starving individuals in this world, who are ready to hear the Good News.

Are you sowing God's Word daily, or just seasonally?

Heavenly Father, thank you for your commandment of The Great Commission. Help us to follow your instructions, and guide us with the Holy Spirit, as we go and make disciples of all nations. Help us to present your plan of salvation with truth and clarity, adding nothing of our own. May your Good News, be forth coming from us on a daily basis to all that we see. Thank you for your love and grace. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.  

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)