Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sunday Devotional...4-15-12 Can I be Forgiven?

Started by pappy, April 15, 2012, 05:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

You know I got up so early this morning I was give out by the time we got back from scouting and hit the bed, but I won't let a little sleep deprivation hinder my devotional commitment....It is going to be short and to the point, maybe more of us preachers ought to be like this......
CAN GOD FORGET OUR SINS?

Is it really possible to have my sins, misdeeds, iniquities and mistakes all forgiven and forgotten?

With the all-seeing eye of God upon us at all times, He sees what we do.  He knows what we think.  I know we can't hide these things from God but is it possible to have all of our sins blotted out from the memory of God?

Somehow, by a miracle of God's grace and according to the Bible, He has made such a provision for us all.

The scriptures state that God has made a provision for us to be declared righteous in His sight. 2 Corinthians 15:21  ( For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. ) He has, upon our acceptance of Jesus, removed our record of sin and has put to our account, the righteousness of Christ.  God does not remember any sin of one who has confessed his or her sin, and who has been reconciled to God .  This is a marvelous act of God.

God dealt with the sin question when Jesus died on the Cross.  When he gave his life on the Cross Jesus paid the supreme penalty for our sins and He satisfied the righteous demands of God.

He has removed our sins so far away that He can no longer remember them. Isa. 43:25 ( ... even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. ) He blots them out as a thick cloud Isa. 44:22 ( ....I have blotted out , as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee. ) He has removed them as far as the East is from the West Psalms 103: 12 ( As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.) The truth of 1 John 1:9 is a marvel of God's grace.  ( If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. )
Can we be forgiven, Yes, will God forget our sins that we have confessed before Him, Yes, How then Do I get forgiven?
We must decide to change, to turn from our sins.

"Therefore this is what the Lord says, 'If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me.'" (Jeremiah 15:19a)

Let us restore our relationship with the Lord by starting off on the right foot, repent, confess and receive......our sins forgiven and forgotten by God.....and work on keeping those future sins in check by staying on our knees confessing them to Him....

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

Great Devotion!!

How marvelous is the grace and mercy of our Lord Jesus towards our sins!!!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Praise God for Mercy & Forgiveness!!!! Thanks Pappy!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

vaturkey

Thanks Pappy !  :jesus-cross:

God Bless  You & your family.
Vaturkey