OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ideas

Started by Hookhunter, April 18, 2012, 06:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hookhunter

Need some advice. I have a group of 3 Longbeard that i know frequent a certain field. They roost just off the edge between 50-100 yds. This spot OSA creek gut that forks off of the main creek. There is an interior road on the other side.  So  camp road- 300yds of woods- gut -100yds woods field I have tried both sides same result dominant bird gobbles one time possible twice (never at me) always at crows or owls. Some time between 7-10 they end up in the field. this is a BIG farm field. Short of just setting up and hoping they come close enough for a shot (deer hunting turkeys) what can i try. Oh yea never seen a hen with them at all. I was within 75 yds of roost this am. Our older birds sometimes shy away from decoys and too much calling. One other thing I know for a fact no one has hunted them this year besides me. Hat can I try??
Sorry about the rambling these birds have my head spinning

Justin
Yelp,yelp,yelp.. Gobble, BOOM!!!! Flop,flop,flop

NYbassman

Try and see if you can notice any pattern they have. A certain route they travel, a place they wind up each day at about the same time, etc. If you can set up where they already want to go, you have won half the battle.