turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 Not Ejecting Loaded 3 1/2"

Started by vtmchunter, April 18, 2012, 02:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtmchunter

I have a 12 year old 870 Express Super Magnum that I have used for everything from doves to turkeys.  I have shot thousands of rounds in trap/skeet and hunting.  This year, using 3 1/2" Hevi-13 shells, the loaded shells won't eject from the receiver.  They come out of the chamber, but won't flip out.  I can take them out by hand, but otherwise it's jamming.  Any advice?

Wingbone

The ejector is probably worn down. You can bend it out a bit to fix it but would probably be better off replacing it, via gunsmith. I had the same problem with an older 870 Express. I bent the ejector out ever so slightly and then cleaned the crap out of the extractor and extractor spring. Worked flawlessly ever since.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

fl panhandler

I had my ejector replaced also.  I think Iit was around $50 bucks and not much turnaround.  I did have to wait for it to come in.
Rick

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

vtmchunter

Thanks for the help.  I will see if I can get it apart and cleaned well.  If that doesn't work, it will need to go to the gunsmith.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That just goes to prove that even Remington has issues since some only think Moss has them.  I myself have had issues with one of my 870's that had to go back to the factory.  But Remington will take care of the problem just like Mossberg will when they have issues. 

Mike Honcho

I bought a used 870 Express about 7-8 years ago and had the same problem.  I replaced the ejector and traded it off.   The dealer,  a very large gun dealer and someone I have found to be honest , told me that he had had several 870 Expresses with same problem. 

RemingtonRules

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 19, 2012, 09:26:38 AM
That just goes to prove that even Remington has issues since some only think Moss has them.  I myself have had issues with one of my 870's that had to go back to the factory.  But Remington will take care of the problem just like Mossberg will when they have issues.  

Whatever makes you feel better about what you have.  Did you not read about how many rounds he has through it?  Sometimes things do wear out.  Thanks for taking the time to help this guy out.

You may want to try and help the guy out with his two year old Moss and Hevi13 giving him problems. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,24021.0.html
You may have some experience to share.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well the guys already told him his extractor is probably bad.  I was just making a note that there seems to be a lot of Moss bashers on this site.  But Remington has their issues just like the rest.   

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: RemingtonRules on April 19, 2012, 10:31:25 AM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 19, 2012, 09:26:38 AM
That just goes to prove that even Remington has issues since some only think Moss has them.  I myself have had issues with one of my 870's that had to go back to the factory.  But Remington will take care of the problem just like Mossberg will when they have issues.  

Whatever makes you feel better about what you have.  Did you not read about how many rounds he has through it?  Sometimes things do wear out.  Thanks for taking the time to help this guy out.

You may want to try and help the guy out with his two year old Moss and Hevi13 giving him problems. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,24021.0.html
You may have some experience to share.

Condescend much?!  Cool off hot sauce.  Take a step back from the computer, spit out the remington cool aide and start fresh? 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.