OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion 4/18/12

Started by lightsoutcalls, April 18, 2012, 09:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Ever have a week of unexpected twists and turns?  Life has a way of reminding us how little we actually have control over...   This morning I am going to share my morning devotion from Dr. Michael Youssef.

Godly Living

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

We can begin living the godly life Christ has given us when we: 

Have a heart focused and set on Christ. We do this by being committed to prayer and the study of God's Word. We can't set our hearts on Christ or learn to live godly lives unless we follow the instruction manual that God has given to us, and this is His Word--the Bible. 

Refuse to get caught up in busywork, believing that we are pleasing to God. The greatest gift you can give the Lord is not a full schedule that includes one church meeting after another. Immorality can steal and rob us of a beautiful relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, but busyness will prevent us from getting to know God in a personal way. We should not allow anything we are doing for God to prevent us from being with God. 

Realize that God loves us with an unconditional love. When we draw nearer and nearer to Christ, our desire to follow the way of temptation will fade. No one will ever care as much for us as the Savior does. Christ died so that we might have eternal life. His grace is a gift that cannot be purchased through good works or outstanding behavior. He loved us even before we were born, and He loves us now. We cannot earn His love, and we cannot lose it. 

Invest in our spiritual future. We are involved in a spiritual battle. Unseen forces wage war against us, but the ultimate victory is won in Christ. Only faith in Jesus Christ wins the battle. It is faith that is not compromised one day and forgotten the next. Instead, it is faith that is built and maintained through love and devotion to God's Son.

Prayer: God, help me to live a godly life that honors you. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

"You ought to live holy and godly lives" (2 Peter 3:11).

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Roostem33

Great devotional Wendell, thanks so much!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)