turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Browning Gold ready to roll

Started by REBELYELL, February 26, 2011, 05:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

I finally got a chance to sight in my Burris FF2 on my Browning Gold makeover gun today. It was real close after the second shot of dove loads at 20 yards and then I dialed her in with a couple more at 30 yards. I  ran a boresnake through it a couple of times and backed on up to 40 yards. I shot a couple of Hevi-13 turkey loads to see how it would perform with my Pure Gold .670 choke. This gun is a little heavier than my 870's, but the 3" only chamber and gas piston make it comfortable to shoot. I shot a #7 turkey load and a mag blend, and both of the patterns looked pretty good. I liked the straight 7's alot better in my 870, but I think I might shoot the mag blend load in this gun. Obviously, the pellet count was lower, but it throwed a very nice, dense pattern without big holes in it. You could also tell the difference in the velocity vs recoil in each load. It was about 70 degrees and little wind, pretty good weather for patterning. Didn't take any pattern pictures yet, but here are the numbers

Pure Gold .670 Inv plus
3" only chamber and 26" barrel
40 yards/10" circle
Hevi-13 7's=288
Hevi-13 mag blend=248

Didn't do a great job with equal quadrants, but here's the mag blend pattern.

gatrkyhntr70

sweet rig with that protector from gobbler74!!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

knightrider

joshua

Awesome looking rig with excellent patterns.   :anim_25: this spring.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GOLD HUNTER

Jbird22

Gold Spur

Thats a sweet looking rig you got there Reb! That mag. blend pattern is awesome also.  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Reloader

Lookin good Jody, that rig is ready to roll some heads.

Glad you didn't have much trouble getting the FF dialed in.  One of mine sighted it quite easily and another has been a PITA with both chokes I've zeroed it for the past few years. 

Have a good one,

Reloader

WildSpur

Cluck more, yelp less

woodchip