turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Question about Indian Creek Chokes

Started by Hoosierhunter, February 26, 2011, 04:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoosierhunter

I have a 870 with a tightwad choke in it now but not all that happy with it either but it sounded good at the time to a new turkey hunter when you get out to 35 or so yards it spreads out a bit to much , not trying to get out farther just more  in the kill zone  whats your thoughts about Indian Creek Chokes I have heard and read some good things about them any advise would be great 
Open to any advise on any choke that would work in my 870

Thanks Dave

bird

You will get many suggestions but personally I prefer a Pure Gold .670 in my 870SM

Gobble!

What kind of shells are you using.
You may want to consider a jellyhead
They are a great choke and at least $20 less then other chokes that really don't perform that much better

Hoosierhunter

I have ran a bunch of stuff from Fiocchi to Federal Premium what what I get the best out of is
Remington Nitro Turkey 3" 6 shot 1 7/8 or 2 oz

I thought about a JH just heard some good things about Indian Creek but am open

Hoosierhunter

Quote from: bird on February 26, 2011, 04:40:18 PM
You will get many suggestions but personally I prefer a Pure Gold .670 in my 870SM

What kind of shells are you using?

Ctomp1974

If you are considering using Hevi-shot, then I.C. or PureGold are excellent. If you are gonna stick with lead, then I would go with the JellyHead.

:anim_25:
Clint

Hoosierhunter

Indian Creek says to use hevi-shot with there choke the cost is not all that bad its a bit more but I have also heard good things about Hevi-shot and they stock it at some of our local shops a big plus to me. 

stick bow

I have a .665 jellyhead shot lead and hevi no pattern whats so ever at 40 yds. shooting a 28" barrel. Undertaker choke got better patterns with lead.

hookedspur

Quote from: Ctomp1974 on February 26, 2011, 05:02:58 PM
If you are considering using Hevi-shot, then I.C. or PureGold are excellent. If you are gonna stick with lead, then I would go with the JellyHead.

:anim_25:
Clint
SPOT ON
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

joshua

IC in .665 is a killer lead choke also out of my Rems.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

boggszilla

i would buy one here!!!choke tubes are for sale  in the classified section daily. :anim_25:

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteIC in .665 is a killer lead choke also out of my Rems.

Ditto.

Hoosierhunter

mmusso

Quote from: stick bow on February 26, 2011, 07:00:44 PM
I have a .665 jellyhead shot lead and hevi no pattern whats so ever at 40 yds. shooting a 28" barrel. Undertaker choke got better patterns with lead.

For what it's worth, my .675 Undertaker also out patterned my .655 Jellyhead in my 12ga Nova. Might be something to try if you're looking for an inexpensive option.  I have not tried the IC, but I will be picking one up next year.

1esso

I dont have an IC, i shoot JH, but a little search on these forums and you can get as much info as you want on IC chokes. I understand they have excellent customer service too.